Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The age-old question....

i agree, I reckon.
    I think birds would certainly feed ahead of a storm. If they plan to fly anywhere, they would have to. So, tomorrow afternoon might be a time to test that theory.

BUT the birds have to go somewhere, right?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Sounds good. Tomorrow afternoon, your place. See you there.

Can I bring a camo gun? With a strap?

Yuk

camo gun is OK.
    strap is not

help yourself!

i gotta work but dont mind you giving it a go!

I think we will just shoot what we have the next two mornings and then if more come, we will shoot them as well. I can shoot 15 per hunt right? Hunt 2 fields in a day. Should be good stuff.

I'll try to break it down for ya
    You know how the folks that live in Tampa took off ahead of this hurricane's landfall?
    Maybe the doves think along the same lines of "self preservation"
    I have no idea, just a thought

Mostly mornings and evenings
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I swear if I ride out there tomorrow to shoot your field and it's flooded with stickered trucks and boys wearing Columbia shirts

and camo guns w straps.
    at least fullchoke wont waste shells. you can count on that.

Cool

I do subguage.

But my gun so far this year has been a 391.

It will be a tough decision if HS lets me through the gate

I have a 391 in a 20. I'm cool with that.

And I wore a t-shirt in one of 2ths fields this year too, abet khaki.. and shot 7/8s Oz loads in a 12. My hypocrisy only goes so far.

Y’all can have at the doves in the field. I’ll just wait out that buck that’s frequenting there…

I’ll at least tuck my shirt in for the walk in to the stand so I blend in!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I have a couple camo birds gun with slings. I've decide to get one of my Citoris cerakoted so the flashy glare of the polished barrels won't flare birds. I'm more interested in how I look to my prey than than how I look to other hunters.

Almost all of my shotguns and rifles have a strap except my sporting clays gun. I like having use of both of my hands when I'm toting a gun.

I'm not sure how this will affect my likelihood of getting dove shoot invites but it couldn't make it any worse.

I carry in a cool looking soft case through most duck hunting.. can't stand beating stuff up in boats. Doves, no case when I get out the truck.

One of my 686s has hunted a good bit in fresh and saltwater.. I have given serious thought into cerakoting most of it, keeping wood wood though. I'm going to hunt with pretty wood or woodgrain.

As "function over form" as I am, I still don't care much for synthetic stocks, except maybe on ARs. I rattle canned my Citori barrels in flat dull green just to see how I might like the cerakote and it really looks stylish, not that stylish was my aim. I plan to refinish the stock and forearm in satin linseed oil. I'm not totally averse to a pretty gun, I just care more about hiding from game than looking pretty.
    I have some well heeled friends that have extremely pretty guns and I can't understand how they can focus on hunting when they have those pieces of jewelry afield. I guess that shows my lower middle class mentality. When I look at a mansion, I think, "I'd sure hate to have to paint that sombitch." Really rich folks don't worry about such mundane things.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't think you're implying I'm rich, but I'm most certainly not.. I know wealthy people. I do okay, or I feel like I do. In person I'm kinda normal.

I've always kind of been a Beretta fan, the deal was sealed years back with their autos as well. They're entry level to a crowd out there, that's fine with me.

I'm not knocking you at all. Myself though, I'm stubborn and stuck in my ways. I don't make fun or poke at most hunters.. some I do. I look down on picture takers, straight social media hunters, men that don't eat their kills, things of that nature. Some hunters also act like they're going to battle, angry at their prey. Now I'm not implying you are.. There's nothing but respect from me other then being truly excited watching birds fold up in flight. Respect from the beginning, to kill, to cooking. Now, I'm not sold that you need to have pretty wood on guns to do it, but I enjoy them.

I could care less about looking cute. Wear full camo, get your limit as quick as possible and get off the field. Parker or Mossberg, same rules apply in my club.
    Last edited by Grey_Bird_Killa; 09-28-2022 at 10:20 PM.

I love a pretty piece of wood on a gun. I remember being a kid and staring thru the old timey glass
    door gun cabinet (before the days of gun safes) at my Dad's and my Grandad's nice shotguns with the high-grade walnut stocks.
    I picked this Beretta up today just to bird hunt with and thought the wood was great, the gun feels good to
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-28-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Right nice looking gun, ECU. I'd shoot a dove with it in a skinny minute.