Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Back To Normal

So do people use the excuse of working on tents to hang out there on weekends at least?
    Last edited by wob; 09-27-2022 at 09:02 PM.

I suppose but the ones up our way are deserted most time. Camp meet is the big draw.

I’m not a yankee …. I have no clue what this place is and never hear of camp meet.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I’m not a yankee …. I have no clue what this place is and never hear of camp meet.
    Me neither. Until I married my wife, campmeeting was the name of a show the Gaithers did on TBN. My grandmother used to watch it all the time. You can go out there other than this week, but there’s no lights or water. So it’s a complete rough camping experience. We have to take generators to run tools to do any work.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Right. Do all "types" of people attend this event? Couldn't care less; just curious.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Right. Do all "types" of people attend this event? Couldn't care less; just curious.
    sure you care. hence the question
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

lets find race everywhere.

God doesnt care but Bart does.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and, to answer his question, yes we let the women come too.

Sorry for asking about y'all's tent party. Never heard of it, hence my question. Never mind.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

FYI, there's lots of stuff some people take for granted that others have NO knowledge of. That's why the others ask questions. Carry on.

bc you know nothing about it, this is your first thought?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    bc you know nothing about it, this is your first thought?
    No, it wasn't. First thought was, "what is this event they're speaking of?" Then I thought, "looks really cool, but never heard of it". Something like that.

I don't want this thread to turn, so I'm bowing out. Deuces, and my apologies.

all good. just trying to learn. wondering the thought process. bear with me.

like trying to understand why people dont think abortion riles up the Ds....

It is a faith oriented event so all are welcome. Like church the people in attendance will vary by community. Jesus dont care about race.
    Last edited by centurian; 09-28-2022 at 07:00 AM.

and all God's people said AMEN

Many good times have been had up there...

Nice to slow life down for a week.

And a quick reminder for all the back row Baptists amongst us...the only difference between us Methodists and YOU, is that WE will actually speak to you in the liquor store.

The same question in the inverse could be asked about Shady Grove campground a few miles away. The Lord is worshipped at both and that’s what counts.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    The same question in the inverse could be asked about Shady Grove campground a few miles away. The Lord is worshipped at both and that’s what counts.

Too soon?