Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Back To Normal

Glenn is scared of a puddin pot. They must not eat puddin in Alabama.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you people havent heard of camp meeting?
    I was wondering the same thing. Starting to think this place is full of yankees or something
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Glenn was with a group of us watching a bunch of puddin being made. I had a dip in, drinking like a five finger single malt, when my manhood was questioned because I couldn't eat pudding with a dip in.

He's just fancy, eats a lot of entrees with elisions

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Starting to think this place is full of yankees or something
    In my defense this is the https://indianfieldcampground.com/ this is the first place that came up on a google search. Also I'm not Methodist. I feel better now knowing that this is actually a place in SC.
    Last edited by CUduckreeper; 09-27-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

they let baptists in, too, but they have to sit in the back....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

they let baptists in, too, but they have to sit in the back....
    Where else would we want to sit?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

well not next to the bar!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I saw a video of this someone posted here a while back so I hope you’re referring to something other than that grey pot of water the spare pig parts were floating in.
    You got something against liver puddin?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Isn’t it essentially an old school revival meeting?
    Growing up my dad always told me it originated as a mixture of a revival and a kind of worship and thanksgiving at the end of harvest. I spent many a hard earned dollar at the little store there on candy cigarettes, glow in the dark bouncy balls and all sorts of other worthless stuff.

I have great memories of when my dad or uncle would shoot a nice buck on the Saturday morning drive, they would load it up to take it to go skin but not before a quick lap around the loop there, me and my brother showing it off for all the world to see, like we were the ones that actually killed it.... ha.

That, the smell of fresh fried chicken and a fresh bed of hay always bring back a lot of camp meeting memories for me. Good times.
    Last edited by dubs; 09-27-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Glenn is scared of a puddin pot. They must not eat puddin in Alabama.
    I ain’t scared. Just ain’t eatin ears, noses and tails.

We eat lots of puddin in Alabama. Chocolate. Banana.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    You got something against liver puddin?
    I’ve crushed my fair share of liver puddin and as stated above have participated in the construction of said puddin. But that grey dish water colored stuff with whole pig accessories rolling around in it is just sinister. I got a job to hopefully avoid having to eat like that.

Not everything is food.

I thought about that cleaning my first monkfish

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Growing up my dad always told me it originated as a mixture of a revival and a kind of worship and thanksgiving at the end of harvest. I spent many a hard earned dollar at the little store there on candy cigarettes, glow in the dark bouncy balls and all sorts of other worthless stuff.

I have great memories of when my dad or uncle would shoot a nice buck on the Saturday morning drive, they would load it up to take it to go skin but not before a quick lap around the loop there, me and my brother showing it off for all the world to see, like we were the ones that actually killed it.... ha.

That, the smell of fresh fried chicken and a fresh bed of hay always bring back a lot of camp meeting memories for me. Good times.

Sounds like some good memories,

Been Baptist now for pushing 20yrs but grew up Church of God with lots of family that were Pentecostal Holiness, I remember them talking about camp meeting years ago. It was up around Beech Springs, maybe. I don’t remember as COG us having camp meetings but we would always have a revival for a week in the fall of every year. Ain’t gonna lie, I hated it as a kid, it was nothing but getting dressed up like Sunday morning but every night for a week instead.

Like the man said, not everything is food. I wouldn’t feed liver pudding to my dog.

You nasty mofos probably eat spam too…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Man we had revivals at the church when I was a kid. Holy smokes at the food. 7 nights of thanksgiving is what I called it. Lasted Sunday to Sunday. We only got dressed up on the Sundays. The rest of the week was Wednesday night church attire.

No shorts or open toed shoes though.

liver puddin ain't nothing but a pate (frenchy marks are missing). I like it. I try not to eat it that often though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Man we had revivals at the church when I was a kid. Holy smokes at the food. 7 nights of thanksgiving is what I called it. Lasted Sunday to Sunday. We only got dressed up on the Sundays. The rest of the week was Wednesday night church attire.

No shorts or open toed shoes though.
    Ours were Sunday - Wednesday or Sunday-Thursday, depending on how fired up the guest preacher was. wasn’t no every night cooking going on either. And “Wednesday night attire” was still more than I cared for back then.

I saw a revival sign on a church I passed a while back. I thought of all the one I went to growing up, and how long its been since I’ve been to a Wednesday night service somewhere and I’m slack at best about attending anything on Sunday evenings The world would probably be a better place if we all went a little more
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 09-27-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Well I’m not Methodist. Been Baptist for as long as I can remember. When my wife’s grandmother was a little girl, and only child, she went to camp meeting with some friends a couple of times and then she got her daddy to buy her a camp meeting tent. 4 generations later, my wife now is in charge of the tent. Looks like I will be taking off the whole week starting next year doing the cooking while she runs the tent. I might even go back to harvesting my own chickens since I will be there every day. Sounds like good times are coming.

Surely that place gets used more than one week a year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    You nasty mofos probably eat spam too…..
    2th serves some bad ass spam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Surely that place gets used more than one week a year, right?
    Not much. Tents are hard to come by and folks do work on them thought out the year. Some are rustic and some quiet nice inside. It is a community event.