Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrongful Convictions & Incarcerations

Default Wrongful Convictions & Incarcerations

Been listening to a ton of podcasts on the subject, and it's scary how frequently it happens. LEO's, lawyers, and whomever else, is it possible to do everything above board and still get it wrong?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Curious, who is talking about this?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

There's a guy on Joe Rogan a lot that is involved with something called the innocence project I believe. Some crazy stories on there and nothing seems to happen to the DAs or prosecutors.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

I can't imagine what it must be like doing a long sentence or on death row
    for something you had nothing to do with.
    How often do you think it happened before DNA came along?
    I see where folks frequently are getting out due to dna testing exonerating them after being in 20 years or more

As shitty as our system is, I dont think there's anything on the marketplace comparable...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    As shitty as our system is, I dont think there's anything on the marketplace comparable...
    I completely agree but there should be severe consequences for knowingly hiding or creating evidence.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

It's been posted here before, but if you ever need a new podcast try out 'Murder Etc.'. It tells the story, past and present, of Charles Wakefield Jr. He was arrested and spent time in prison for killing a cop in Greenville in the 70's or 80's and there is a good amount of evidence pointing to the fact he wasn't involved. A lot of people put a lot of effort into keeping him in jail.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 09-26-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Solicitors and assistant solicitors are politicians and lawyers.

Who'd have thunk they'd be corrupt?

Preach
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    I completely agree but there should be severe consequences for knowingly hiding or creating evidence.
    I agree, and double down on the whole unelected "public servant" i.e. bureaucrat that use their positions to flagrantly violate "rights that are endowed by our Creator"... to equally punish...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

25 years ago me and 2 buddies pulled a train on the local slut. Well she ended up pregnant and I was wrongfully convicted of being the daddy. My family had a lil more money than the others so she went after me. Blood test proved inclusive as we all had the same, or so they said. DNA wasn't even a thing or at least to our knowledge.
    For 18 years I raised that kid as best as I could with a crackhead momma. For 18 years I paid child support on that kid. 18 fucking years even when that lil bastage had nappy hair, I knew he wasn't mine. I was wrongfully convicted so yes it happens. At 12 years old he had 9.5 inch Mandingo dick, I knew he wasn't mine.
    Low country redneck who moved north

This thread just took a turn.

Sheesh…
    I just wanted to bring up Gislaine’s black book, Epstein’s flight/island documents, and Hunter’s laptop.

as examples of our shit justice system.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    This thread just took a turn.
    A veritable hairpin, if you will....

Is anyone going to make popcorn? Geez..
    At least I'm housebroken.

mudflat for the win
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What is a Mandingo dick? I’m afraid to google.
    Carolina Counsel

I’m going to head over to the sports threads or the retriever threads on that note.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    25 years ago me and 2 buddies pulled a train on the local slut. Well she ended up pregnant and I was wrongfully convicted of being the daddy. My family had a lil more money than the others so she went after me. Blood test proved inclusive as we all had the same, or so they said. DNA wasn't even a thing or at least to our knowledge.
    For 18 years I raised that kid as best as I could with a crackhead momma. For 18 years I paid child support on that kid. 18 fucking years even when that lil bastage had nappy hair, I knew he wasn't mine. I was wrongfully convicted so yes it happens. At 12 years old he had 9.5 inch Mandingo dick, I knew he wasn't mine.
    Tell it all brotha!
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler