Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boy Buggy?? and advice

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I feel sorry for you bro. Never had a problem with mine and it's almost 20 years old. Only replaced batteries. You worry me with your opinion.
    I beat the crap out of my gas one. Never have to plug it in. Never loses a charge. Won’t die when I need it. Run from here to Kansas on a tank of gas. And it has A battery that I have never had to replace.

Plus if has a BA tag on the front from Alaska and has G-belly mojo since it used to be his.

I’m solid in my choices.

Enjoy your fancy power wheels. Yours painted like a tractor and do you have to make the “vroom” sounds yourself or is there a built in speaker?

You battery cart nerds sound like a bunch of left coast dems pushing their green new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You battery cart nerds sound like a bunch of left coast dems pushing their green new deal.
    Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have a Gas Cart, loud, belt replacements due to Hill Climbs, and frankly still gas with the crappy gas at every station, even Ethanol Free.

I have 3 48V Electric Golf Carts, all with Plum Quick Motors. I have one at my farm that I would put up against any Gas Cart all Day Long up and down hills. That said, load it down with 4 People, 3ea. Yeti 145's, Beer, etc. and it will likely only make the hill 2X a Day. For that, a Pioneer or Gas UTV is what you need.

Agree with RP about using the newer type Chargers, and checking Batteries at least Monthly to ensure Water Levels.

In the end, Gas, Motor Repairs, Belts, etc. are going to end up costing you more than a New Plum Quick Motor and Batteries every 5 years. If they are buying New, Lithium changes EVERYTHING and is far superior to Gas or Electric of old.

I hate everything about a Green New Deal, but for quiet, dependable power/torque, electric is the way to go.

I’d look at a Polaris 570 midsize or the Polaris electric ranger. If I’m trying to be quiet I walk though so gas is the only option for me. The midsize ranger I had was a damn good machine.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 09-26-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I’d look at a Polaris 570 midsize or the Polaris electric ranger. If I’m trying to be quiet I walk though so gas is the only option for me. The midsize ranger I had was a damn good machine.
    I've been around one of those electric ones. Nice. A bit larger than my Club Car. And will go over logs a hell of a lot easier.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I'd buy a utv before I bought a gas golf cart. Especially if being used for hunting and such. But for getting the mail gas would be fine.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Luddites abound...

Just saw this but still adding my $.02.
    My dad bought a used one of the hybrid bad boys. I think the front wheels run on elec and the rear axle is gas. Easy to switch back and forth or use 4x4 (gas and elec simultaneously), but elec is really not worth a shit if you have much incline at all......like anything over 0 degrees. The front end is too light so when in elec, the front tires just spin. Gravel, dirt, leaves, grass.....anything. The previous owner welded a piece of RR track onto a hitch (about 70lbs) which you can take in and out, but when you have it on, it takes hills a lot better but won't turn worth a damn.
    All that to say, no to bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'd buy a utv before I bought a gas golf cart. Especially if being used for hunting and such. But for getting the mail gas would be fine.
    Wuss.

I've used my gas EZGO for everything from management rides with the wife, spraying fields, hauling deer, feed, seed, youngins, running trap lines, hauling and dumping dirt/mulch/brush etc. And it didn't cost as much as a truck.

Add gas. Mash the long skinny pedal, go do work.

Ain't put a drop of gas in my buggy ever! Quiet too. Can haul shit two! Earth friendly two! I love two!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Ain't put a drop of gas in my buggy ever! Quiet too. Can haul shit two! Earth friendly two! I love two!
    I knew you were a democrat.

Two

To

Too

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Path too narrow for a utv? 🤔
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Wuss.

I've used my gas EZGO for everything from management rides with the wife, spraying fields, hauling deer, feed, seed, youngins, running trap lines, hauling and dumping dirt/mulch/brush etc. And it didn't cost as much as a truck.

Add gas. Mash the long skinny pedal, go do work.
    I've done the same with my electric cart, and was able to still hunt that block of woods that same evening.

It really all depends on what you are using it for. For getting the mail alone I'd buy a gas golf cart

If you my up that hill and let off the gas and it cuts off you better have good brakes until it gets going again

Whoa…..who lets off the gas?

Quitters and hesitators

Kind of curious , Son/DIL live in neighborhood with lot of big hills.

They looking at cart for riding around 2 boys (8 & 2) around where they live.

I assume battery would be best for this purpose