Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft Sided Cooler suggestions

Default Soft Sided Cooler suggestions

I need a new one or two. I had a yeti zipper top that sucked trying to get water out of it until my hound chewed it up.

Then I picked up a cheap walmart version off FB marketplace that I like the dimensions but now the zipper is trying to dick itself up so I need to buy a new one.

Would like it to double as a weekend grocery packout as well as a boat day food and beer cooler. Want it big but not too big it's unmanageable.

So many options out there. Dont care to own another yeti but want it to last.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yeti zippers suck but they will usually make it right in the event of a failure

Wife bought me a Yeti has a magnetic close seal that folds over, no zipper. I would not have paid what she paid for it though. Keeps ice well.

https://www.yeti.com/coolers/soft-co...060130090.html
    Last edited by centurian; 09-26-2022 at 08:53 AM.

I have 3 of the Rtics and we like them. Make sure you put the lube that they send on the zipper. The one with the backpack straps sounds like it would suit your needs.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I have an old Shimano that I like, nothing of size.. I found a rtic or something of the sort I'm rosemary beach this year when I learned I needed something that carries better. There's no zipper, it's a fold bag, but it's pretty cool. I've got my old calcutta fish bag still somewhere if you're looking for something like that. It served me well when l cared to fish off.

Me feeling like a tourist

IMG_0504(1).jpg
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-26-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I need a new one or two. I had a yeti zipper top that sucked trying to get water out of it until my hound chewed it up.

Then I picked up a cheap walmart version off FB marketplace that I like the dimensions but now the zipper is trying to dick itself up so I need to buy a new one.

Would like it to double as a weekend grocery packout as well as a boat day food and beer cooler. Want it big but not too big it's unmanageable.

So many options out there. Dont care to own another yeti but want it to last.
    Wife gave me one of the first yeti hopper softsides 7 or 8 years ago. The zipper broke around year 3 or 4, that model was discontinued so they said to pick one from the new model. Couple weeks ago, the zipper broke on the replacement. Contacted Yeti again, and have another new one on the way. They sent pre-paid shipping label to return the old one (both times) and are shipping the new one free.

They ain't cheap, but something to be said for customer service and standing behind their products...

I've got a first gen yeti cooler that's bubbled up on the bottom and split. Plug is broke out of it and no replacement offered. Tried to reach out to see if there's any recompense but it fell flat. I've avoided Yetis since based off that experience. If they are now standing behind their stuff, I might reconsider. I'll read the fine print on the warranty info, I reckon.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    Wife gave me one of the first yeti hopper softsides 7 or 8 years ago. The zipper broke around year 3 or 4, that model was discontinued so they said to pick one from the new model. Couple weeks ago, the zipper broke on the replacement. Contacted Yeti again, and have another new one on the way. They sent pre-paid shipping label to return the old one (both times) and are shipping the new one free.

They ain't cheap, but something to be said for customer service and standing behind their products...
    son of a bitch. The zipper on the one I bought from Feetdown crapped out a few months ago after many years. I consulted the Yeti website and it said one year warranty so I tossed it in the trash and bought a new one. Idiot move for sure.

Polar Bear makes a 48-can soft sided cooler they may fit your need.

Stripa swipa showed up to the house with one of these and it seems to check all the boxes.

https://www.costco.com/titan-deep-fr...100832908.html

Default Soft Sided Cooler suggestions

I like those Ice Mule bags.

https://icemulecoolers.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackhead22; 09-26-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Polar Bear or AO....RTICs soft sides are straight garbage.

RTIC
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

They are all made pretty much the same. As someone said earlier, if you want it to last, you need to take care of it. Keep it clean and lubed up and you won't have issues.

Polar Bear / AO....work better than anything the cool crowd can buy.

Just get an Ozark from WalMart

RTIC warranty no good if bought from 3rd party. At day 366, don't ask about said 1 yr warranty.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I got the wife one of the Yeti backpack coolers for her birthday. It is the magnet top that folds and buckles. She is tickled with it.

RTIC here. Works great but I think it holds ice so well because no one wants to go through the hassle of unzipping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

The salt kills them all but use the oil with RTIC and it should last. Broke the handle on the zipper and installed a zip tie as a replacement which actually helped opening the damn thing.