Thread: Jones Gap Trail Half

Default Jones Gap Trail Half

Ran one of my hardest races last weekend at Jones Gap State Park. I've been doing a good bit of hill and trail work but this was pretty brutal for a lowcountry guy. Ended up being about 3,000' of elevation gain divided between two steep climbs. First climb was up Little Pinnacle Mountain then up to Rainbow Falls around mile 8. There were some amazing views but i wasnt there to sightsee. I honestly thought i was off course for a few miles due to some sketchy trails but was relieved to finally see an arrow/sign around the 5 mile mark. I finally saw the leader when we crossed paths near the turnaround at Rainbow Falls. I tried like hell to catch him on the downhill but he was a superior athlete. All in all a fun time and a unique experience for me. Screenshot_20220917-140537_Strava.jpg

I can't even imagine hiking that much less running it. Congratulations for even finishing.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

One of my favorite hikes for sure.

Congrats on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Impressive.

Good job

Here's a unique run next month
    https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Charlotte/boulderdash5k
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I can't even imagine hiking that much less running it. Congratulations for even finishing.
    Thanks. Although I didn't run the entire thing, not even sure that's possible unless you're some kind of elite athlete. There was plenty of power hiking on the climbs.

Great job! I’ve always wanted to do that one, I just forget about it honestly. I’m going to put a reminder on my phone for next year