Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope Mounting Help

Yall were right. They were extremely helpful. They make an extended version for this same issue. Shipped out today and will get tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Yall were right. They were extremely helpful. They make an extended version for this same issue. Shipped out today and will get tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gary keeps a hand picked crew over there, great group of people.

FYI you can flip the front mount around but as stated earlier if it’s hitting the barrel you need new mounts. Get a 1 piece rail and good rings. It’s worth it
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Talley is good stuff.

Talley is great, but I have also used EGW, especially if you want a 20 MOA rail which to be honest is not usually needed in SC.
    JT
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often. And for the same reason.

I moved away from the EGW rails and Burris rings and have been using the Talley rails with their Modern sporting rings. Made in SC and they are awesome, well worth the extra couple bucks.

Worked for Gary for a couple years out of college. Think there was 6 of us at the time. They have grown since but still a great group of people. He always told us even if the customer is wrong make it right. Talley is a great company

I always wondered why scope makers or accessory makers were not more helpful in matching scope ring to a particular rifles. Looks like Tally has it under control. Buy and try is expensive.
    Last edited by centurian; 09-27-2022 at 09:28 PM.

Some web sites that sell scopes and mounts are more helpful by having the actual dimensions posted. Instead of "low" or "medium", they have the actual sizes in inches.thousanths. Optics Planet is one of the better ones.

At one time Ruger had a chart for selecting rings but their rings were proprietary to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Gary keeps a hand picked crew over there, great group of people.
    Hopefully one day they will go back to letting people call ahead to stop by. I understand why the policy changed however.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 09-28-2022 at 02:49 PM.

You still can. I bought a set from them not long ago. They set them outside for me.