Thread: Thermal Optics

Default Thermal Optics

Who's running thermals? What are you using or have used? Thoughts on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I have an IRay Bolt. Haven't got any time behind it really. Got tied up this spring and didn't get to mess with it until the crops got too high. After the crops are gone I plan on working on a severe coyote problem. I just pulled cards today and over 50% of the pics are yotes.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I have an IRay Bolt. Haven't got any time behind it really. Got tied up this spring and didn't get to mess with it until the crops got too high. After the crops are gone I plan on working on a severe coyote problem. I just pulled cards today and over 50% of the pics are yotes.
    What made you pick that unit?

I liked the look and love the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty they offer. I haven't had to use it... hopefully don't. They also guarantee you a replacement within like 10 days... either your scope is fixed or they ship you a new one is the way I understand it. It also has an 8 to 10 hour battery life as well as a backup battery that you can manually change out in seconds if you forget to charge or cut off your unit.

The guy I bought from out in Texas had a lot of experience with this model as well. I didn't know that before I decided on this model so he didn't lead me to it... just reassured me I had made a good choice. The technology is always improving in this field. It's like computers... once you buy, next week there is a new better model from what I see.

I got to play with a halo the other day and for the short time i realized how sick it was…
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

I have hunted hogs at night twice with thermal. Both were a Pulsar Thermion XP 50 and a more expensive Trijicon. To me, the Thermion was better. The Trijicon had a built in rangefinder, which is pretty helpful. Distance is very hard to distinguish in a thermal. All that said, Pulsar makes great products
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

SaltedButter should weigh in on this.

I figured there would have been more of you night time ninjas.

Had an AGM python briefly. Returned for full refund. Had difficulty getting it zeroed- it may not have been holding. Power up was finicky, several housing screws started falling out after using for a short period of time.
    Sent it back and was told a new replacement would be issued. Got same scope back and they said screws they used were too short, did not fix power up issue. Requested full refund which they reluctantly honored and haven’t thought about one since. Was very concerned I was going to have a $7k paperweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used a Bering optic. ehh. The Halo is bad ass. Two things. A monocular is great for a stalk. Distance through a thermal is tough.

Does anyone have experience with Thermal clip on's? Thats an area I am very interested in.
    JT
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often. And for the same reason.