Thread: Tha hell was that?

Default Tha hell was that?

If you are in Charleston, look up...

SpaceX.

^^^
    The Falcon 9 has landed

7:41 p.m. EDT: About nine minutes after liftoff the first stage booster of the Falcon 9 has made a landing on the drone ship "A Shortfall of Gravitas" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South Carolina. Deployment of the Starlink stack of satellites should be coming up in about four minutes.
    Ahhh. Elon. Laying those innernets out. Looked like a comet but the 3 offshore ones had me a bit perplexed...

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/t...ay/8081901001/

We just watched it live from merritt island. I’ll see if I can video to load
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Saw it from Fairfield. When the booster or whatever dropped it looked like it would hit a house - until I looked at a map to see the flight path.

Cant get it to load. We were on the beach at refuge. Too bad artemis didnt launch we were real close to it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

We were pulling up on the property to hunt at dusk and I was scanning the sky for geese and my buddy saw it. It was really cool. It looked like it blew up when it dropped the boosters. It was really cool.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I was in a deer stand in Barnwell on a large clear cut and saw it about dusk. Bright white light rising above the horizon (tree line). Saw the boosters come off and another part. There were 4 white "lights" for a bit and then the boosters and the other thing disappeared. The rocket continued to climb out. My son saw it as well but he was in the woods so his view was limited. Was cool to see.

I saw it from Eutawville.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

We were shrimping outside of St. Helena. Completely unobstructed view, watched the 3 orbs come off and then the blaze of the rocket on re-entry. Not sure how long we actually watched it, but probably 5-10 minutes. It was incredible to see. My 1st thought was an icbm as thoughts of "red dawn" flashed through my mind.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Watched one go up while walking out into the woods turkey hunting once…. I promptly loaded my turkey shells and thought to myself. Them aliens is gonna have to work for this one….. Then I saw it was Elon launching a interrweb thing.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-25-2022 at 06:05 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965