Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a Camper - Help/Input Wanted

My wife and I did the same thing, except we lived in a field beside her parents for 19 months. We did it in a 2007 Keystone 30’ tag along camper. It took some getting used to, but it wasn’t terrible. Need to mention, we also had 4 dogs at the time. It worked great for us, because we were able to pay cash for the camper, and sell it when we were done with it for what we had in it. After saying all that, I doubt I will ever own another one. They’re great when you “need” them, but it’s just like a big boat. Always something to work on and fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

You will learn to take short showers
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You’re not going to be able to pull anything with that LC that you’ll want to live in for that long.

I’d buy one of those little skid building with the lofts and turn it into a “tiny house” before I’d buy a camper and try to live in it for an extended period of time.

Move in the house when it gets done and you already have your man cave completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    You’re not going to be able to pull anything with that LC that you’ll want to live in for that long.

I’d buy one of those little skid building with the lofts and turn it into a “tiny house” before I’d buy a camper and try to live in it for an extended period of time.

Move in the house when it gets done and you already have your man cave completed.
    This sounds like a better option

$300 camper into apartment

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Sweet

I'll bet that ceiling gets hotter than blue blazes

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Buy used. I'm about to start building my barn then pull in my 28' airstream that I got for 4 grand , sell my house, move into the airstream, build a house, then sell the airstream. Luckily my wife has a house in town she'll be staying in otherwise the airstream would probably be a murder/suicide crime scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank y'all for the input. Not worried about the marriage falling apart. But, y'all do have me thinking about putting up a metal carport type deal to keep it parked under while the construction in ongoing.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Thank y'all for the input. Not worried about the marriage falling apart. But, y'all do have me thinking about putting up a metal carport type deal to keep it parked under while the construction in ongoing.
    Don’t think. Do it. Trust me. Didn’t do it on our first one and when I sold it, I put a carport up before we bought another one.

Our camper is nothing fancy. We went with the Keystone Springdale mini to see if we like camping. I wouldn’t live in ours but something in the 30’ range would be just fine. We did a 3 week trip out west this summer and it was getting tight by the end. If you can do it, a carport to protect it is the way to go. Understand that campers are made like crap and made even worse right now. Know you will have to work on it. Warranties aren’t worth the paper they are written on and stay away from camping world. Go ahead and find a good place to work on it that you can get into in a reasonable time frame. If you don’t want to camp after this is over then maybe a tiny house/shed conversion that could later be used as a guest house would be a better option.
    For the ducks

google still sucks

online reviews are what's up.

i wouldnt worry about the truck upgrades. you're only gonna move that thing once... then get tired of it, move into your new house, and sell the camper.

hope this helps.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.