Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Midterm elections

C'mon man! Joe kept inflation to only 8.5% and recently lowered it to 8.3%!!

Sure, literally nothing has only risen in price by 8.3 cents on the dollar over the past year, so inflation is actually more like 20-30% but don't let realistic math distract you from the fact that the biggest threat to America is "MAGA Republicans"!

From what I'm experiencing in my day to day, the young professional women that have historically been a republican vote seems to be greatly conflicted on where we are with abortion right now. I'm not sure how big of a factor this is on the grand level but I think this population of votes specifically will change in this election 1) they will swing democrat b/c of what's already been stated in this thread and are convicted on the matter more than ever and 2) they will show up to vote b/c of #1 and because they feel the republican party is not listening to their voices and speaking for them which is a big no no in todays generational priorities.

Does this have an impact, I don't know, but i've noticed a big trend in this direction with those I encounter on a daily basis including some of my own family.

While the GOP has nothing to do with the SCOUS abortion decision, their actions since certainly have had an effect on the politics going into an election they were set to dominate. The action of several states and Graham are keeping this at the for front of national politics. Shooting themselves in the foot AGAIN. Why can't these politicians shut the fuck up about it. Wait till after the election then strike if that is your intent. That is what the Commicrats are doing. It is like conservatives have no idea how to play high stake poker which is what this is.
    Last edited by centurian; 09-22-2022 at 08:42 AM.

They know. Some just play both sides against the middle.

Most politicians can't shut up about anything . They mostly like the sound of their own voices I think
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

The small pool of diehard dems I know ain't happy. Is that enough for them to not automatically pull the lever for the dems again? Not sure but my guess is they stay home.

Abortion ruling, gas price $2.98 here by Lake Murray, student loan forgiveness and the Trump idiotic
    classified documents at his residence is swinging momentum from where it was just 6 months ago.
    Republicans will need to really turn out on election day, that is the key

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    The small pool of diehard dems I know ain't happy. Is that enough for them to not automatically pull the lever for the dems again? Not sure but my guess is they stay home.
    I watched a billionaire being interviewed on the stock channel Monday morning(forgot his name).
    He said in the last election he liked Trump's economic plans and policies but his embarrassing behavior made him vote for Biden.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

People tend to vote with their wallets normally. Most thought Biden was not going to do anything thus nothing would happen and we would just move right along. Abortion or not wallets are hurting for most and retirement accounts suck. Wallets were in good shape at the end of the Trump times for most and so people thought the moral vote was to vote for Biden because they watch the news. Those same people now have a lot less money to vote with so... Not everyone is rational so hard to say what will happen. If you believe the polls at all.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I'd say honestly people's wallets aren't in any better shape now then they were in November of 2020. Back then we had a "pandemic" and the resulting destruction of a great economy at the hands of the Left's overreaction to it. A lot of jobs were lost, unnecessarily. Mine included in June of 2020. This was of course blamed on Trump saying he didn't do enough to prevent Covid from spreading all through America.

Today we have 8.3% inflation, which we know is a ridiculously low number because nothing has only gotten 8% more expensive in the last year. More like 20-30% with some stuff doubling in price. So now most of us have jobs again but our dollar doesn't go as far as it used to. The Left is trying to blame this on Russia. Remember "Putin's Price Hike"? The low IQ voters gobbled that up and believed it. Now Biden is parading around like he accomplished something because supposedly in the month of August the inflation rate was 0%. People believe it. Gas prices have started to come down and they're taking credit for that. People believe it. Never underestimate the ability of tens of millions of people with an IQ below 70 to hit the voting booth in November.

Personally, I think we're screwed and Trump just being Trump is doing a lot of damage. Honestly I'm worried even here in SC we're going to lose the guvna. SC is going to rapidly go to sh*t if he gets replaced with a liberal governor.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Honestly I'm worried even here in SC we're going to lose the guvna. SC is going to rapidly go to sh*t if he gets replaced with a liberal governor.
    lol

That ain't gonna happen. A liberal democrat governor couldn't get anything done even if he were to win.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    lol

That ain't gonna happen. A liberal democrat governor couldn't get anything done even if he were to win.
    Don't be so sure. Biden got a lot more votes here than Hillary did. That shows a continued momentum Left for the state's voting demographic.

The governor has no power in this state.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    When did abortionists ever vote for Republicans? Abortionists always vote and they always vote for democrats. Nothing is different.
    It is going to bring the non voters out of the woods to vote.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    It is going to bring the non voters out of the woods to vote.
    The left has been using abortion rights to mobilize voters for years. This won't change much of anything. Paying for groceries will, though.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Enough of the polls are so dishonest i dont believe any of them. The talking heads on both sides are all liars too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The left has been using abortion rights to mobilize voters for years. This won't change much of anything. Paying for groceries will, though.
    Don't forget the old standy's. Conservatives are racist that want to starve children and take social security away from the elderly. They will start with those in a few weeks. The Media will back them up. So predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Don't forget the old standy's. Conservatives are racist that want to starve children and take social security away from the elderly. They will start with those in a few weeks. The Media will back them up. So predictable.
    You forgot locking children in cages.

elections are rigged unless our candidate wins, in which case we don't talk about it.

if elections are rigged liz cheney would still be in office instead of losing to a trump backed Hageman.

trump fucked up this country long term by being a yankee bitch about losing, and brain-washed republicans into believing him.

biden sucks and is not fit to be in office. loose money policies have caught up to us.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

When will y'all understand it doesn't matter how trump acts or acted