Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tetra hearing protection….

Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun View Post
    I took the hearing test on their website but did not put in an order that day. I received the following email the next day.

My name is Matt Daniels and I am the Director of Sales and Operations over here at TETRA Hearing. Thanks for checking out TETRA and completing our hearing test. I had a chance to review the results today. According to this screening, your hearing profile appears to pretty good (0-20dB is typically within normal limits). Does this seem right based on your sound experiences while hunting and shooting? If so, let’s keep it that way!

Seriously though, based on your wide variety of hunting and shooting interests, you must be around a high-volume of trigger pulls, and you're clearly making a choice to protect them whether muffs or orange plugs. That, or you've gotten very lucky! Either way, we're focused on protecting your ears and brain from here on out. As you can see, we're working hard to disrupt the industry from a science and medical perspective and share the appropriate knowledge-base and experience of our audiologist co-founders, Bill and Dave.

Beautiful thing about our devices is that we can set you up for complete protection AND program a variety of pursuit-based enhancements to make your hearing in the fields, woods, water, and at the range, that much better! Given your wide-variety of interests, our Multi-Pursuit AlphaShields are pretty much made for you. These come in a universal or custom fit- both provide an awesome experience.

I responded to his email asking about the difference between the 60 and 90 level and here is his response...

Your hearing profile from our test sounds like it's pretty much on the button, then. Regarding the tinnitus you mentioned, many of our customers who experience tinnitus prior to wearing TETRAs report back that they experience it less, simply because they're more likely to wear their devices more often, beyond just trigger pull moments (for example, keeping them in while making your way back in the duck boat).

The Waterfowl AlphaShield will absolutely meet your needs. The biggest difference between the 60 and 90 level is wind noise reduction and clarity of the duck call, especially if you're the primary caller, or aspire to be. The 90-level also provides voice prompts for each program, identifying exactly what you're using as you switch between programs.

Quick question- how often do you shoot at the range, whether it's clays or stationary? Any pistol use? Reason I ask is because we can add a Range program to the 90-level Waterfowl AlphaShield that will help you there AND cover you on the dove field- providing protection while boosting communication ability. The 90-level AlphaShield with Range add on would run $999 + $199 for $1198 total. If you don't shoot a lot at the range, the reality is that most of your individual needs would be met with the 60 level, but to give you the best possible hunting experience between duck, dove and traditional upland, we would simply recommend the 90 level device.

If you're still really concerned about price there, I can throw in a year's supply of batteries so you don't have to worry about that for awhile ($80 value). Let me know what you're thinking and if you have any more questions for me.

Best,

#HEARTHEHUNT

Matt Daniels
    Director of Sales & Ops

My suggestion would be to take their hearing test online and start a conversation with them. Nothing to lose.
    That's pretty damned solid right there.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

No doubt. I need to look into my HSA.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I bought mine over a year ago. They put good sales on black Friday if you can wait. Few hundred off. I like mine. Wear them all the time dove hunting and duck hunting. They are waterproof as well. I dropped mine completely in the water one morning and it took me a while to feel for it on the bottom. I let it dry a day and it worked fine.

Bumping this back to the top as I'm getting close to pulling the trigger...anyone have any experience between the various models?
    https://tetrahearing.com/collections...turkey-hunting

Is the CustomShield worth the extra coin over the AlphaShield?

Anyone tried the newer AmpPods? Says this model is good for low volume shooting (deer/turkey).

Right now I'm focused on what will work best when turkey hunting, but soon will be thinking about deer, then ducks. Leaning towards the multi-pursuit version.

Hail Mary question...anyone have any experience turkey hunting with the AlphaShield tuned for Multi-Pursuit?

In for info
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

TTT