Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local School Board Race

Default Local School Board Race

Richland-Lexington 5

If you live in the District, I would urge you to consider Elizabeth Barnhardt on election day.

Here is her website http://elizabethfordistrict5.com/

In addition to being a voice for reason and common sense in public education, she is my little sister.

Thanks.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Does she homeschool?

Sorry: but I've lived long enough without reposting this

I'm not in that district but if she truly stands up for what she says on her website, I truly hope she wins.

She does not homeschool. Their children all attend schools in the district.

I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:

Good deal.

Hope she does well and has thick skin!

Lex/Rich 5 used to be one of the most sought after districts to teach in.........sadly, that's not the case anymore. Teacher morale is low, inability to discipline, mountains of governmental requirements, has all but destroyed the teaching and learning environment in the classroom. Administration in many schools lack support for their teachers and staff too.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    Richland-Lexington 5

If you live in the District, I would urge you to consider Elizabeth Barnhardt on election day.

Here is her website http://elizabethfordistrict5.com/

In addition to being a voice for reason and common sense in public education, she is my little sister.

Thanks.
    Read all her information, from what I am reading Your Sister is doing this for the right reasons

I wish her luck in her campaign

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post

Lex/Rich 5 used to be one of the most sought after districts to teach in.........sadly, that's not the case anymore. Teacher morale is low, inability to discipline, mountains of governmental requirements, has all but destroyed the teaching and learning environment in the classroom. Administration in many schools lack support for their teachers and staff too.

Unfortunately biggest problem I see in public schools is lack of parental involvement in their own kids Sad but true and it frustrates all of those that work in public education Most all LOVE what they do just frustrated

I will say this, teachers (yes my daughter is one) can jump from "job to job" (school to school) and never lose anything benefits, seniority wise, vacation, retirement etc Makes it very easy to change "jobs" unlike most folks who normally have to start over each time they change

Again hope your little Sis does well and if she gets elected let us know , be glad to help her anyway I can

And yes she will need very thick skin at times but I will say this , being a school board member is extremely rewarding and when some of these students tell you THANKS that makes it all worth while
    Last edited by tprice; 09-15-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post

This is the gospel truth, not only in Lex/Rich 5 but statewide. My wife left the public school she graduated from and had taught in for the past 20 years this year to teach at the private school we moved the boys to 2 years ago and she's never been happier. It's everything she enjoys about teaching and none of the woke, no discipline/accountability, .gov BS that she'd been putting up with in public school.

Best of luck to her JP.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    This is the gospel truth, not only in Lex/Rich 5 but statewide. My wife left the public school she graduated from and had taught in for the past 20 years this year to teach at the private school we moved the boys to 2 years ago and she's never been happier. It's everything she enjoys about teaching and none of the woke, no discipline/accountability, .gov BS that she'd been putting up with in public school.

Best of luck to her JP.....
    Yep

We get daily updates from SCSBA from all districts around the state of SC We see a lot of the unfortunate stuff that goes on with bad school boards and/or administrations

Anderson 2 School Board’s recent past could easily be a class unto itself about how NOT to do shit. But at least one good thing came out of it, A5 got a damn fine man.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post

Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Anderson 2 School Board’s recent past could easily be a class unto itself about how NOT to do shit. But at least one good thing came out of it, A5 got a damn fine man.

That one was downright embarrassing but hate to tell you that was mild to some of the crap that goes on around the State are lot worse than that

This is kind of stuff that happens when folks run for school board for wrong reasons or with an axe to grind

A5 did get a great guy but he was 2 yrs and done, that got him vested in SC retirement system and he did a great job while he was there.

You will not meet a finer man in this world

Folks please do your kids and community justice when you vote for your local school board, keep politics out of your decision (in SC they are all non partisan and that is way it should be) and do what is best for your school district. Please do your due diligence and ASK QUESTIONS of the candidates.

Most folks have no clue what we do, I would encourage you to take time to at least go to a few school board meetings and just listen and learn what goes on.

Our children are our most precious and valuable resource and their futures depend on US
    Last edited by tprice; 09-15-2022 at 08:09 PM.

That was just the tip of the iceberg…..

That was just the tip of the iceberg…..

Heard several variations of the issues and not sure how much as actually accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post

hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Heard several variations of the issues and not sure how much as actually accurate.
    If your variations don’t go back at least 10 years then they’re a waste of time.

If your variations don’t go back at least 10 years then they’re a waste of time.

Go back longer than you can imagine LOL

My wife is from Belton and my Dad was minister in Belton for 15yrs back when I was growing up. My ties to Belton go back 50+ yrs ��

Been told it was a huge Belton/HP riff

Bringing this back to the top. If you live in this district and haven't decided who should be on your School Board, I would urge you to consider Elizabeth Barnhardt. https://www.elizabethfordistrict5.com/

It is a non-partisan race, so pulling a straight party lever does not register your vote for School Board.

Thank you for the consideration!

Quote:

I wish her the best. She's a sharp cookie and I have no doubts she will do well.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton