Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Will Fun To Watch!

Default This Will Fun To Watch!

Florida Gov. DeSantis takes page out of Texas Gov.'s book and sends TWO planes carrying 50 Venezuelan illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard - where loaded liberals like the Obamas, Oprah and Larry David own property

'They look at us as rich, liberal enclaves': Martha's Vineyard liberals meltdown over Gov. DeSantis dramatic escalation in migrant crisis by sending 50 Venezuelan migrants to billionaire's playground where Oprah Winfrey and Obamas own homes

Martha's Vineyard residents are reeling after a two planeloads of migrants landed on the wealthy Massachusetts island, in a dramatic escalation of a campaign by Republican governors to shift the impact of immigration to Democratic areas.

The move by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to send roughly 50 migrants, mostly from Venezuela, to the island came as a surprise in the affluent community - where prominent liberals such as the Obamas, Oprah Winfrey and Larry David all have homes.

Following their arrival on Wednesday, the migrants stayed overnight at St. Andrews Episcopal Church in Edgartown, which provided emergency shelter by clearing out the parish hall and setting up cots.

The small downtown parish is located on a quiet tree-lined street and nestled between multi-million homes, with one five-bedroom house next door currently listed for sale at $3.95 million, and another sold last year for $4.6 million.

Residents and local officials have been quick to voice outrage at DeSantis and other GOP governors for their migrant transplant programs, with state Rep. Dylan Fernandes calling the move 'evil and inhumane'.

'Republicans who call themselves Christians have been plotting for some time to use human lives - men, women, and children - as a political pawns,' he said in a tweet.

'They look at us as rich, liberal enclaves,' said the Democrat, whose district includes all of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, in remarks to the Boston Globe.

Pictures published by the Martha's Vineyard Gazette and the Martha's Vineyard Times showed the migrants in the affluent community, where they were first fed in the cafeteria at Martha's Vineyard Regional High School before being transported to the church for shelter.

In a statement, DeSantis' office said: 'Yes, Florida can confirm the two planes with illegal immigrants that arrived in Martha’s Vineyard today were part of the state’s relocation program to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations.'

The remarks continued: 'States like Massachusetts, New York, and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country’ by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as ‘sanctuary states’ and support for the Biden Administration’s open border policies.'

The press release went on: 'As you may know, in this past legislative session the Florida Legislature appropriated $12 million to implement a program to facilitate the transport of illegal immigrants from this state consistent with federal law.'

The name of the charter that brought the migrants to the millionaires playground was Ultra Air Charters, reports the Martha's Vineyard Times.

At least one member of the migrants told the newspaper that he didn't know where he was.

One local official told the MV Times: 'I believe they know they came from Texas to here. I’m not sure all of them know they’re here in Massachusetts on an Island.'

Town administrator Jennifer Rand was quoted by the newspaper as saying that she heard 'Texas, Florida and Alabama have begun flying planes with immigrants to Martha's Vineyard and dropping them off and leaving.'

On Wednesday evening, Fox News aired footage apparently showing the migrants arriving in the town. The footage was played during a segment on Jesse Watters Primetime where former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was a guest.

Pompeo joked about how the town's wealthy liberals might react to the migrants saying: 'These are all sanctuary cities until they're in their sanctuary. I doubt they will embrace them.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Vineyard.html

Just saw where a bus dropped a load of people off at Kamala’s house in DC also.

I think its amusing that mainstream media outlets won't cover any of the border crisis stories. But during the Trump administration its was weeks and months of kids in cages stories. Nor will they cover any of the other bad news that might hurt democrats during the mid terms. The narrative is all about mar-a-lago, Jan 6th and climate change. They are secretly hoping for a hurricane to cover the news cycle.

Honestly I'd much rather our tax dollars go to shipping the illegals back to where they came from.

Default This Will Fun To Watch!

Alyssum seekers, they are coached to name a country of origin to have legal entry. Federal laws will not allow them being sent back.

Dems are angry that people are being used for political oops, like both sides do not do the same.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 09-15-2022 at 10:20 AM.

"To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Best post I have seen on here in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Well it took little time for those bleeding hearts to deport the illegals outta there. National Guard? For 50 people? They are more out of touch than I imagined.

Martha's Vineyard ships 50 illegal migrants to Cape Cod military base by ferry, as National Guard are called in over 'humanitarian emergency', after Gov. DeSantis' sent them to billionaire haven
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tary-base.html

The very definition of limousine liberal.

They need to send way more. Just 1 day's worth of illegals would make them go berserk. Plenty of other areas too. The Hamptons, Delaware, Jersey, Adirondack's...time to start sharing the burden.

When TX started i I thought it might be the most gangster thing I had ever seen UNTIL Desantis sent them to Martha's Vineyard. That is a strong move. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    They need to send way more. Just 1 day's worth of illegals would make them go berserk. Plenty of other areas too. The Hamptons, Delaware, Jersey, Adirondack's...time to start sharing the burden.
    Jackson Hole, Bozeman, Ketchum, Aspen.

Hit all their play spots.

I think they only relocated 48,.....two made a run for it.

https://fb.watch/fwVl6iGHub/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    That's just awesome...

I am surprised they didnt keep some of them as they will need kitchen help in the restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    I am surprised they didnt keep some of them as they will need kitchen help in the restaurants.
    They only hire pasty white Caucasians.