Thread: Boat inflation

Default Boat inflation

We have all witnessed boat inflation of extreme proportions over the past couple years. What do you see next year?

I am sure the products going into the new boats will necessitate price increases.

How will the demand be when people are feeling the recession combined with Bidenflation?

Will used boats pull back in price?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Dunno. I’m hearing about a small bill in mortgage foreclosures and Ford Credit reporting a spike in bad loans. Strange times.

I hope it pulls back. I have my eye on a 32 ft (used but just a few years old) and my
    wife has asked me three times in the last two weeks when I am going to buy it.
    Not in a hurry
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-14-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    Ford Credit reporting a spike in bad loans. Strange times.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-14-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Cars, boats, RV’s, luxury items, etc are the subprime housing bubble of this recession. Inflated pricing and upside down loans are starting to hit. People are starting to bail out of them. I scored a fully loaded F150 Tremor a few weeks ago with 6500 on the odometer for way under what it would’ve been a few months ago. Guy was just wanting out of the payments. Awesome truck.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That Viking I posted I would watch if I was in the Market. Never Know! I fully expect an invite if you buy it,
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Cars, boats, RV’s, luxury items, etc are the subprime housing bubble of this recession. Inflated pricing and upside down loans are starting to hit. People are starting to bail out of them. I scored a fully loaded F150 Tremor a few weeks ago with 6500 on the odometer for way under what it would’ve been a few months ago. Guy was just wanting out of the payments. Awesome truck.
    Agree, I have been looking at trucks for 12 months, what I have seen is ridiculous.
    Car sales lots that were almost empty are starting to fill up again, meaning inventory is increasing.
    I don't have to have one, just wanting one. Nothing wrong with the 2014 Denali I am driving, clean as a new one.
    I am tired of holding off, probably going to pull the trigger in the next few weeks

You will see a lot coming up for sale at great prices next year as people need money for the inflated grocery prices and gas. It’ll kinda be like 07/08 only they will start throwing checks to people for votes and forgive more student loans. Thus driving prices higher…. Going to be a weird time with massive amount of foreclosures that sale for more than they are worth. Housing market has slowed down some but still seeing crazy prices on stuff. Saw a 2 bedroom 1 bath that needed some work being an understatement…. Sold for 114,000 in Clinton SC…. In a bad neighborhood….. hard to tell if the prices will drop it like it’s hot or continue on the current trend as we don’t know what the heck the government is going to print.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

shit, start trying to find some in downtown Camden

I'm waiting to repower my cc, I was going to bite the bullet this year.. but couldn't find what I wanted at the price, I've got another boat so whatever. I'll wait until these bad decision making bastards that are fueling this fake economy have to start selling. Our lake level will low enough to make my ramp a pain in the ass for the next year or two anyways.

Here in Fairfield county the personal property tax has gone up on boats , motors and my camper. That’s because the used price on that stuff has gone up. Think it’s a crock of shit.