Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cellular trail cams opinion

I’m running Moultrie and Reveal. Moultries are good but the Tactacam so far works great. Also, it seems to work better for me in spots where the Moultrie couldn’t seem to get a consistent signal. I’d probably mean towards the Reveal.

thanks for all the input. it sounds like the reveal is the camera of choice from this group
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Spartan.

Close the thread.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Spartan.

Close the thread.
    What model Spartan do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

RevealX

No issues so far

I run covert blackhawks and reveal cameras. Reveal has better quality pictures. I prefer the covert app over reveals app and have had no real issues with either brand. Like the price point on the reveal.

I can’t imagine the size bucks some of y’all must kill running all those cameras and having the pictures sent directly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    I can’t imagine the size bucks some of y’all must kill running all those cameras and having the pictures sent directly to you.
    Almost to much of an advantage. Why more than a few states are outlawing them.

I was bragging on my spypoint flex. It really has great pics....then it went to hell. I figured it was the batteries. Put in new batteries. Ate them again. Still with great pics. You could see the vanes of the cardinals feathers as they flew by. Really great pics.

Then the batteries were gone again and supposedly the card per the online status reports. So I went and pulled the camera.

I was on the second long formatting of the card that came with the camera and realized it was a 128 gig card. The camera uses no more than a 32 gig card. I went and got a 32 gig card and everything seems back to normal. I bought a 32 gig card for the second camera I had ordered and put it in before taking the camera to the woods. It seems to be great.

I ordered off of Amazon. Beware the free SD card offer. It did not come from Spypoint but a distributor.

All other Spypoints work great.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Stealth is shit FYI...as in piece if shit
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Still curious about the Spartan’s y’all run. A ton of great reviews and of course they’re all expensive but do y’all feel they’re that much better? The GoCam is easier to stomach but do you have to bump up to the ghost or GoLive to see the results?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

My wife gave me my first trail cam for my early birthday present. It’s a Tactacam revel gen 2 if easy to set up and use. Just put it out yesterday on a new lane I cut and he show up. 5EBA262E-597B-48E3-B9F8-7A4C6EEEC2CD.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Spypoint generally sucks. The new flex may change that.

I've bounced around to several cameras. They all suck hairy asshole. If they're not eating $40 worth of lithium batteries in a week, they power off.

Moultrie.
    Browning.
    Bushnell.

Not buying cheap models. ~$100 a camera gets old when they dont make it a full year. About to just go old school.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

My two Spypoint Flex are now down. I will screw with them later today. New cameras.

And one Spypoint Link Mico LTE went out. I am guessing it just needs an update. Two years old. The other cameras out seem to be working fine.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

i laugh at these threads.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Why he is just asking which is a good cell cam? Clearly there are winners and losers

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    We all laugh at you
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

i get that.

notice most cameras have people that love them and people that hate them.
    not sure how that "helps" the OP.

then, it seems like there's a bunch of posts about how they stop working and they call customer service and get things square. or the meme catdaddy posted about the fella getting texts all night to his phone about (wait for it) a DEER AT NIGHT ON HIS CAMERA! WOW NEWFLASH!

meanwhile, I still check cameras the old fashioned way and they work 100% of the time (when I remember to turn them on).

not saying cell cameras are bad, but I LAUGH because they sure seem like an expensive challenge.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.