Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cellular trail cams opinion

Default cellular trail cams opinion

looking at trying cellular cameras again. i had spy point when they first came out and they work half of the time. looking to see what everyone is using with the best plan for several cameras. What company has the cheapest plans for the several cameras?
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Reveal

Reveal

I have moultries and have had good luck with them so far.

Reveal it’s not even close
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I had problems with Spypoint, Muddy has worked well. I am waiting on to see how the new reveals work before purchasing. When most ramp up production in the past quality went down hill.

I've got 3 spypoints, 1 stealth fusion, 1 bushnell cellucore 20, and 2 reveals. The bushnell, tactacams and the stealth are all about tit for tat. I might lean towards the stealth cam because all of the firmware updates can be done over the air.

All that said, moultrie came out with the edge model this year. It automatically chooses the network that has the best signal so no more att or Verizon. It can do either. Also firmware updates are done over the air. I just got mine last week and haven't set it up yet but for $99 and occasionally $79 on sale it seems hard to beat.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Pic quality nod goes to the reveal. And like griffin said it ain't close

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I had problems with Spypoint, Muddy has worked well. I am waiting on to see how the new reveals work before purchasing. When most ramp up production in the past quality went down hill.
    I have had the reveal 2.0’s for about 45 days now. They are Better than the originals. The video and he push works wel. Likely want to go to lithium if running full set of features or a solar panel. Also it is a very specific memory card they want to use capability wise. They are not cheap.

Reveals I believe are the best for the money. Spartan is the best hands down but cost twice as much. The go live feature is nice.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 09-14-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I've got 3 spypoints, 1 stealth fusion, 1 bushnell cellucore 20, and 2 reveals. The bushnell, tactacams and the stealth are all about tit for tat. I might lean towards the stealth cam because all of the firmware updates can be done over the air.

All that said, moultrie came out with the edge model this year. It automatically chooses the network that has the best signal so no more att or Verizon. It can do either. Also firmware updates are done over the air. I just got mine last week and haven't set it up yet but for $99 and occasionally $79 on sale it seems hard to beat.
    The new reveals also do either. Just switch the sim card. They come with both cards. Just fyi.

Thanks for the feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPYPOINT wouldn’t work at our place, Tactacams worked great. I just put out 2 of the Moultrie edges thats don’t require sd card or certain carrier. They are working great so far and the app is easy to manage. $10 per month for 1000 pics per cam.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

I bought a Browning camera from Tractor Supply for a hog trap. Cell setup was complicated so I gave up. Picture quality was good. Also have a couple spypoints cell service works fine but picture quality was crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    The new reveals also do either. Just switch the sim card. They come with both cards. Just fyi.
    Forgot to add, the new moultries don't use a memory cards. They use internal memory which overwrites itself but all images can still be recieved off the app if overwritten. Most issues I've had with cellular cameras has been with memory cards

Spypoints didn't work at our club and I've got a member trying to get rid of 7 of them. We run reveals with no issues.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have spypoints new camera, the flex, up and running on one stand. The clarity of the pics are amazing. This camera updates over the air, runs off of either verizon or at&t. Hence the name flex. Range is 100' and 33 pixels I think in a pic.

I will try and post a pic or two.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I’ve used stealth cams. Third season. $5 a month per camera

They are fine and do a decent job for a $100 camera. Not the clearest pictures via cell but I guess you can put the chip in cpu and get better resolution.

You can’t go wrong with Spartans if you have the money.

I have 11 reveals in the woods right now. One time I tried to turn on one and set it up and it wouldn’t get signal. Turned it off and let it sit a couple days before trying again. Next time I turned it on it worked fine. That’s the only issue I’ve ever had. 6 of the 11 are gen 1 cameras from 2020, 3 are from 2021 (I think they’re called Reveal x), and 2 are the new Gen 2. As others stated, you need to invest in the correct sd cards and use lithium batteries.

Well I will say this, I’m using reveal right now but sat in a stand the other afternoon and watched 6 deer walk right in front of the camera in an hour and when I got home that night there where two pics. One of a 2.5 yo buck and me when I walked out. So there 5 opportunities that were missed.
    80-20 Genaration

3 of 4 reveals purchased last July have recently shit the bed, bought 4 more in august when I assumed they were the cats ass..