Thread: Falling out of a tree stand report

Default Falling out of a tree stand report

Apparently you are supposed to call the game warden and make a report if you fall getting in or out of a tree stand. Who knew?

Just got a call from my local game warden because we are buddies, trying to get a number for a relative of mine. Said relative's son fell Sunday while getting out of a ladder stand. Boy's father was under the stand and slowed the child down enough that there was no injuries. The next day lifeline's were put on all the stands.

Anyway, he made a post on a public hunting site and saying don't be a dumbass like me. Wear your safety harness and be careful. Kind of a public service announcement kind of thing.

Someone called the game wardens and now they have to fill out a report. GW said anytime somebody falls they are supposed to report it. Any of y'all ever heard about this?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Never heard of it.

But, I should wear my harness and make my son wear his more. Good reminder.

Good friend of mine fell out two years ago and he is still going through surgery’s and struggles to walk.

Never heard of it. None of the governments business. Might be the time to say you made it up for “awareness” otherwise they’ll probably come and check the property next year or something..

It's a way to gather information to make a mandate, kind of like the seat belt law.

Fyi,if someone was ever to get stuck in a harness for a long time,slowly release the straps or else you can cause a blood rush and then they could die.

Someone needs to drink some milk.

If I fall out of a tree stand, I don't have to fill out a report. I don't think there's anything codified in law that says I have to. They can ask and I might oblige but if they start with telling me it's some sort of requirement, we'll end up in court if they want to push it. This kind of shit is how OSHA gets their nose under the tent.

Nonetheless, I've had three friends end up in wheelchairs and a couple others that had lengthy recoveries from falls out of stands. ALL of my stands, ladders or hang-ons, have safety ropes. Clip in before you take the first step. It's just not worth the risk of spending the rest of your life not able to do the things you love or as a burden to your family.

about as crazy as the place you used to work, they make you fill out a near miss report if you get a bandaid

I don't answer questions. It's really that easy. Don't invite the man into your life. Nothing good will come of it.

Glad the kids ok.

i’ve been advised by retired law enforcement and attorneys to NEVER answer ANY Questions from Law Enforcement.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Glad the kids ok.

i’ve been advised by retired law enforcement and attorneys to NEVER answer ANY Questions from Law Enforcement.
    B I N G O
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by barrineau View Post
    about as crazy as the place you used to work, they make you fill out a near miss report if you get a bandaid
    Ah...There is a purpose behind that....For the employee's protection as well as the company...Thank bill green and george sink....guy gets a small laceration at work and doesn't tell anyone about it, then gets tetanus two weeks later and tries to tell the company they need to pay the bills....
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by barrineau View Post
    That's exactly why I kept bandaids in my lunch box
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Ah...There is a purpose behind that....For the employee's protection as well as the company...Thank bill green and george sink....guy gets a small laceration at work and doesn't tell anyone about it, then gets tetanus two weeks later and tries to tell the company they need to pay the bills....

Yep, apparently some folks have never seen how much W Comp premiums are for their employer

To OP never heard of this but I will say this. Great for young guy to post on social media, may have made someone stop and think and saved a few lives.
    Last edited by tprice; 09-15-2022 at 06:42 AM.

I had a ratchet strap buckle bust on a hang on stand. Luckily I added an additional strap but the popping caused me to fall nonetheless. Thankfully my harness saved my ass from falling 20+ ft!