Thread: new waders?

Default new waders?

time for a new pair, looking for something affordable, so no sitka or simms. i’ll be hunting out west this winter for ducks and need a pair that will do well in ice and cold cold weather. need some recommendations as i only know of a few brand names
    i wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong

Waders have really become a buy once cry once deal for me. After years of buying a pair almost every season. It's Chene for me from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

You have figured out by now that the weather can change from summer to winter and back in the same day. If not, you soon will. Think about those temp swings. If you sweat up some neoprenes and the temp drops 30 degrees in 2 hours, you will be a popsicle. Good thing about being young, you can handle it anyway...

Chene if you want the best, best affordable I like are the Roger's breathable. I have the ones with the zip in/out liner to be insulated or not. Had them 2 seasons now. When these wear out ill be getting Chene's
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Rogers breathables with zip in insulation have been my favorite

Rogers

Agree with everybody else, if you aren’t gonna spend the coin for Chenes, Rogers is probably your best bet….
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

TImes done changed in wader-ville..
    At least I'm housebroken.

I like my Sitka. But they do have 2 pinholes right now. Gotta send them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I like my Sitka. But they do have 2 pinholes right now. Gotta send them in.
    Good luck getting them back before duck season is over. Waders are gonna leak. The main most reason I initially went with Chene was the turn around time on repairs. Sitka turn around times are terrible.
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    TImes done changed in wader-ville..
    Not really. You can spend $100 on waders to have them leak down the road, or you can spend $1000 on waders to have them leak down the road a little ways further...

Frog toggs same as Rogers but the first pair I bought leaked first time I used them. I called about returns and the girl told me they do inventory 1st 2 weeks in Jan and don’t do any repairs on returns. I said repairs? these are used once. You’re closed 14 days for returns in the middle of a 60 day duck season? Said I could buy a new pair, and send my old ones in. If they confirmed leak then would pay me back for 2nd pair. I was like WTF kind of customer service on returns is that? They started with IF we were doing returns now, we’d repair yours and return them. Not on once used pair. Just so you know.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

anyone have experience with hunting out of orvis waders? i fished in a pair today and they were extremely comfortable. don’t know anyone whose had em to give me an honest answer on em. they aren’t too bad price wise either
    i wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong

When I was living out west I’d buy a pair of thick neoprene waders with 1600 grams in the boots every year. You’re gonna want them when you’re shooting mallards on a river and it’s -5. Just buy something middle of the road and throw them away when you tear em up.
    More Ducks, Less People

Lacrosse brush tuff, thank me later. Will keep you warm no matter how cold, won’t leak. Tot proof waders Bo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Lacrosse brush tuff, thank me later. Will keep you warm no matter how cold, won’t leak. Tot proof waders Bo

Unless you fill them up hunting sheet water and have to walk across 400 yards of gumbo mud with nothing on but a pair of blue jeans

I’m very hard on waders and I’ve tried the breathable route, and almost had a pair drown me. I went back to the cabelas Supermags and they last. And they float you if you happen to need it
    867-5309

I just don’t think they can make breathables that in a non stretch fabric that can take crossing logs and the bind I put them in….I’d like to think I was wrong
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    I just don’t think they can make breathables that in a non stretch fabric that can take crossing logs and the bind I put them in….I’d like to think I was wrong
    I’ve had 2 pairs of the frogg togg breathable with the removable insulation. My most recent pair are the Banded elite breathables, and I’m about to start my 3rd season in them. What I like about them the most is the removable “briar pants”. I put them through absolute hell walking flooded river bottoms, and they’re still holding up.

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr