Thread: Not many fish but great weekend.

We had a great trip down there this weekend even though the weather and fish didn't cooperate. Fished most of the day Friday in the rain and picked up one cat ~10 lbs. The fished in that crazy wind Saturday and picked up another cat about the same size. Tried about everything we could think of but concluded that I am truly just a fisherman, not a catcherman. Did have a few firsts though. Got my boat completely out of the water in the river Saturday (meant to do it to see how it would handle), fished two days w/o getting skunked, and had somebody say to me on Saturday “you ain’t from around here are you?”. Mirroman where were you? Waited around Sunday for as long as we could but finally pulled the boat out at ~10:00 and headed home. Wanted to thank everyone down there, especially all of the Packs, for a great time. All in all it was a great weekend.

Sorry I missed you Shelben. The wind was too tough for me. So I worked in the yard..
    I will pour some salt in your wound though..
    My son and I went yesterday and fished for a couple of hours.
    1 Striper, 3 blues (8 to 10lbs), 2 Flatheads (20 and 40 lbs)!!! It was awesome seeing the look on my boys face after I netted that monster for him and got it in the boat..
    Looks like you missed it by a day or 2. Come on back!!!
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

That is almost impossible to believe...I missed it by a day or two. Sounds like the story of my life. We will be back down at the end of April for a week. I will have the whole family with me then. My son (7) is about to bust at the seams to get down there and fish. Last weekend was still great. Got to spend some time w/my brother and see the Packs. Hopefully we can hook up when we get down there.

Yep, I hated to break the news to ya, but it is on FIRE right now...
    Keep in touch and I will make sure I get thee this time to see ya...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!