Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackstone rundown

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    bacon, eggs, and spam outside are acceptable.. When I first saw those silly things I could not figure out why everyone was so into fajitas.
    dont forget the hashbrowns.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Do the smaller ones get as hot?

It's plenty hot for me. I've used it 3 times so far and always on Med. It's got 2 burners, for $49 I figured what the hell.

E92C0C83-C2F3-4279-B756-A4F329B5A4E3.jpg
    I cut the legs off of mine and ordered a hard top.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

You made me curious. 575 degrees after being on high for 3-5 mins. My cooktop is adjusted up about as high it can go, so it could be hotter than that.

We have one at the club that gets used the most for breakfast. It’s a 36” and for 10 or so people I wouldn’t want any smaller. It only has the cloth cover with does not keep crud or rust off the cooking surface so we’d have to do a light scrub every weekend. Saturday I Pulled the cover off for the first time since the end of duck season and it took a wire wheel to get the rust off.

Friend down the street has one that he cooks on several nights a week and that thing is seasoned like an old cast iron pan now. He has the heavy metal lid for his and that seems to make all the difference on rust and crud.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I've also got the member's mark griddle. The BTU output is actually higher than the blackstone if I remember right, and to me the grease trap being on the front is much more convenient than in the back.

I've had no issues

Camp chef

Triplebeard getting it done on my early model 36. Get the biggest you can. Can always cook on half if that's all you need. But when you need more, and you will, might as well have it. Lots of the new models have gimmicky add ons. A good lid is the only thing you need.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5K_nhpHPx7I?feature=share

Screenshot_20220916-060625_Gallery.jpg
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 09-16-2022 at 05:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

On some of other forums there are lots complaints about Blackstones not getting hot enough and I had the same problem several times. I solved the problem by learning to reset the regulator and turning the propane tank on slowly. The regulator reset works on any low pressure regulator.

Don't do it, will.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I have one at my house and at duck camp.

We only use it a couple times a month. I'd rather use the grill or cook inside for most meals due to it being easier, but the meals we do on the Blackstone are much easier because of it. Occasional hibachi, smash burgers, big breakfast, Philly cheesesteak (if for more than a few people), fajitas. It's perfect for those meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Camp chef
    Glad somebody said it.