Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackstone rundown

Default Blackstone rundown

Pros and cons, models to stay away from, etc. Thinking about getting one for a friend's cabin. Would cook for two to maybe six people. Would possibly stay on the porch for hunting season. What works for y'all?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Not a Blackstone, but we got the $200 Members Mark griddle from Sams. Not as good as the Blackstone, but I really have no complaints about it especially for the price. It came with a soft cover, but I also ordered a hard aluminum cover for the griddle section from Amazon. The front section of the griddle does not get very hot. This is a con if you are trying to use the whole griddle surface to cook quickly, but it works well as an area to move cooked food to to keep warm without worrying about burning it. Also, the drain hole is in the middle of the front section of the griddle which is different from the Blackstone. Think that is a personal preference thing, but I have had no issues with it being where it is. Have seen some reviews of the Members Mark griddle surface warping, but I have not had that issue. When heating it up, I always turn all burners straight to low until it gets hot to try to heat it up evenly.

I’ve got the 2 burner blackstone with the lid and folding stand for it. I also have the carry bag. It’s easy to load in the camper in the bag or stays on the stand on the patio when we’re at home. Perfect size for us up to 6 people. Wouldn’t be big enough for more than that.
    For the ducks

22", 2 burner Blackstone works for us. Also, I took an old grill that was rusted out and welded a platform on top of the legs, set the Blackstone on it so I can wheel it around.

Have a Blackstone for a while, works great. Advise getting the stand or buy a sturdy table to set it on. Easy touch on the cleaning make the cook surface better. Treat like a cast iron pan. Bought a new camper and it has a knock off in the outdoor cook station.

If you can find one with the side burner get it. Especially for a hunting camp. Mine came with a fryer and basket for the burner and gets used a lot.

I built the stand pretty easily out of a Harbor Freight tile saw stand because I’m cheap and didn’t want to pay for the blackstone one. It can fold up and be pretty easily transported in a boat or truck for camping or hunting trips.

6D550F9F-A007-4C94-A9AC-C358153FEBBF.jpg

Great idea on the tile stand
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You and 2th been playing soccer in the backyard, Marshall? I like the grill setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Check out the Blue Rhino model. It has one burner set up for searing also.

I have 2 of the members marks. They are fantastic for $ 200!

Have a 36 4 burner, got it 2.5 years ago. Love it, use it 5plus times a week.

Got a custom flip top lid off etsy that bolts right on existing pattern. Much nicer to cook thick steaks and melt cheese with a lid that's easy to use.

Just got the 22" from Sams for $49 and got the propane tank adapter from Amazon. Works well and more room than I thought. Cook for 4-6 no problem.

Do the smaller ones get as hot?
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Do the smaller ones get as hot?
    I used a single burner model other week. The one I used didn’t get as hot as my four burner. I had to run this one between medium/high closer to high to get where mine would be on a low/medium.

That's what I'm worried about with a smaller model. Don't reallyy need a larger one but I know I'll get frustrated with one that won't do what I want/need it to.

I've got a 36" stainless that I've had since 2017. Also have 22" model that stays in the camper. I used to haul my 36" camping but it's heavy. Wish I had it camping most trips now because I'm usually cooking for a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    That's what I'm worried about with a smaller model. Don't reallyy need a larger one but I know I'll get frustrated with one that won't do what I want/need it to.
    Go ahead and get the 4 burner. I thought it was going to be too big for me but I end up using the whole thing. If nothing else it’s good for keeping foods warm on the far side of my cooking area. I also will use the far side away from burner on to bring up the internal temperature of an extra thick steak before doing the final touches on it.

we dont play soccer. we just look at his trumpets but i'm not allowed to touch them....

lots of knockoff blackstones these days. I see them everywhere. FWIW, mine stays on the porch and does fine. Its still just an excuse to cook bacon outside....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I bought the 36" 4 burner from Walmart. Has a hard cover that hangs on the back while cooking. I would not get anything smaller. You end up filling up the surface pretty quickly. It was around $350.00 plus all the accessories.

bacon, eggs, and spam outside are acceptable.. When I first saw those silly things I could not figure out why everyone was so into fajitas.