Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollar Stores and all the Good-cookin' Women are dying

Default Dollar Stores and all the Good-cookin' Women are dying

I don't think the two are related but I'm killing two birds with one stone on this lovely Friday morning.

Seems like you can't drive any rural road without passing a dollar general nowadays. There's one on every corner. Eye sores, if you ask me. I'd rather be inconvenienced with a drive to town than to have to see them.

I love my wife, but she ain't the cook in our house. The same goes for most of my friends. I mean the women get by, they won't starve. But if it's a good meal or company is coming over, it seems as though the men are always cooking. Go back a generation or two and it was the opposite. Grandma's biscuits are going to the grave with her. What gives? Is there anyone out there trying to remedy this problem?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Big ole fuss about a rezoning on Edisto Island for a dollar general.

It is entertaining watching people on the beach (a different county) get all worked up about it.

Shoulda kept her barefoot and pregnant, MM.

And Dollar Generals are tailor-made for folks who only got a little to spend in the first place. Just follow the dollars and the demographics.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I bought into DG maybe 3 years ago when it was in the low $90's/share, then again when it was around a buck and a half...last time I checked it was above $250/share. Think I'll continue to hold onto it...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Shoulda kept her barefoot and pregnant, MM.

And Dollar Generals are tailor-made for folks who only got a little to spend in the first place. Just follow the dollars and the demographics.
    Dollar Generals are Walmart's BIGGEST competitor when it comes to cleaning and health/beauty supplies. Slightly cheaper than Walmart, and are everywhere. Demographics don't have anything to do with it.

Beer is cheap at the DG

I use the DG’s from time to time when it is convenient. Cheap beer. Random stuff, frozen pizzas in a pinch in the country.

Women cooking. Thats a joke these days. Its all about gender equality until you ask them to mow the lawn or do anything else that is a quote mans job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are DG's and then there are DG's. Some of them are getting pretty large compared to the ones I am used to seeing...

I try to avoid the DG's as much I try to avoid the Walmarts.

And regarding women, Islandguy is pretty spot on.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The DG’s seem like a bit of an eyesore to me as well, a few make sense where they’re located and are probably appreciated by the locals in the area but generally speaking I agree that there are too many.

I ate dinner at a buddy’s house a while back, his wife called and invited me as he and I were finishing a round of golf. I truly appreciated the gesture but I thought about 10min into the meal “ I should have just ate at my house, I can cook better than this and my kitchens cleaner”

On sunday nights I sometimes attend a home group Bible study for the younger crowd from our church. We all agree on a meal and everybody pitches in and brings different things or cooks different sides. I can outdo most of those women in the kitchen too. A couple times I’ve had them ask me how I made something and I caught one in the act of filling my cast iron pan with hot soapy water to soak one night as things were being cleaned up after the meal.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Ouch DC.

Don’t feel too bad, I pulled my favorite cast iron out the dishwasher one morning.
    I made sure to let her Grandma know the crime her granddaughter had committed.

I cook at our house. I took over cooking detail when my job let me get home earlier in the evening than my wife. I also do most of the grocery shopping since I know what needs replenishing. I still take care of most DIY car stuff and small odd jobs around the house. I'm the spider, bug and rodent killer, boat mechanic, farmer, welder, machinist, wild meat provider and alpha male to our dog pack.

I don't touch the clothes washer or vacuum. We have a lady that mows the yard but my wife manages that and any other lawn maintenance issues. My wife handles the money and books. I think I have the better deal.

A friend of mine, who has always been the cook at his house, bought his wife a zero turn for Christmas. It seemed like a risky gift but she loves it. She has her own jon boat too.

Too many reasons on why the younger women don’t or lousy cooks. Biggest problem is their parents didn’t teach them and they moved the grandkids away from the grandparents.

My wife cooks alot and she's very good at it.

And this

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post

On sunday nights I sometimes attend a home group Bible study for the younger crowd from our church. We all agree on a meal and everybody pitches in and brings different things or cooks different sides. I can outdo most of those women in the kitchen too. A couple times I’ve had them ask me how I made something and I caught one in the act of filling my cast iron pan with hot soapy water to soak one night as things were being cleaned up after the meal.
    Cast iron and soapy water surely is some kind of blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Dollar Generals are Walmart's BIGGEST competitor when it comes to cleaning and health/beauty supplies. Slightly cheaper than Walmart, and are everywhere. Demographics don't have anything to do with it.
    How many DG's do you see South of Broad? Or on Daniel Island, for that matter?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    How many DG's do you see South of Broad? Or on Daniel Island, for that matter?
    How many walmarts do you see in those areas?

Dollar generals know how the future construction is going to be.With more population,people are going to live stacked next to each other and transportation is going to be done by walking or riding your bike to the store like in NYC.And regarding the women situation…if you have a cooter,someone is willing to screw them and support their lazyness.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 09-09-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Leave it to Bart to make it some kind of agenda thing. What I hate the most about these Dollar places is that it's killing the mom-and-pop convenience stores that I really do enjoy stopping at and supporting.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

They built a nice DG at the corner of hwy 215 and hwy 34 (Salem Crossroads) a few years ago. A really nice store and a blessing for the folks out that way.
    Also a blessing when we go to deer camp close by.

And my wife is a great cook. See the Not for breakfast anymore thread if you don't believe me.