Thread: New xdm 10mm…red dot or not

Default New xdm 10mm…red dot or not

I’ve been wanting a 10mm for a while now and picked up an xdm 10mm. I’ll be carrying it hunting mostly. Can’t decide if I should put a red dot on it. I know nothing about them… Any recommendations on which red dot I should consider? Or should I leave as is
    F55FD5B2-B3EB-4A0A-AEAB-BAEAB7C6E974.jpeg

Purely personal preference but mine came in the other day, she packs a punch in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

If you decide to get one, I’d recommend one with a closed emitter.

If you haven't shot a red dot I'd leave as is, It's just gonna get dirty or wet when you're hunting. It's a bit of a learning curve to get used to one, or at least operate fast and efficiently. All my carry pistols are irons, but that's just my preference...

I'm holding out for the hopes SIG puts one out in the X-10 carry.

There is a podcast called Guntalk. The live radio show is on Sundays but not broadcasted near Columbia, Anderson may have him, so I listen to the podcasts while discing and plowing.

Anyway, in one of their hour segments they discussed dot vs open. And red vs green. Seems the dot scopes ended up better than open in a lot of cases and it depends on the person, example being Tha Dick above, and green better than red. I think Holosun was a brand that did real well. I think it is a fairly new one.

Tom Gresham puts these shows together out of Louisiana, maybe he moved. But his dad wrote for all the outdoor magazines forever and he has written a load himself. These radio shows have been going on for 27 years. Podcasts are somewhat newer.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Thanks for the responses. I think I’m gonna try one out as I’m nearing 50 and my eyes aren’t what they used to be. Pat McNamara on the topic

Heck, with a 10mm, close should be close enough. Don't worry about any sights.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

273D7D30-F155-44A6-BE11-3D7B3D3C3609.jpg

I do like the 10mm round. I put a Holosun on this long slide 10. It’s the first red dot on a pistol for me. That being said Im not fast with using it at close distances. For me iron sights are better for fast accurate shooting at close distances. But I’m sure those who have gotten used to it may think definitely. What has improved for me with this red dot is accuracy at further distances.