Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheyenne Wy/Great Falls, MT

Congratulations! I've got a pile of preference points in WY.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Congrats! A buddy of mine spent four years there in Wyoming recently. He's back in Northern California now. He enjoyed the hunting out there but there wasn't much bass fishing and he's a big tournament guy so that was a disappointment.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    Well, looks like I’m headed to Wyoming. Wife is bummed she wanted Montana. Now time to start getting prepped for hunting. Looks like I’ll be here the rest of this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tell her Rip’s married. She’ll come around after that.

Great Falls and go north
    Plant it they will come.

Congrats, live north of Dell Range Blvd, and try to wiggle your way into the 319th MS. Sites are closer to Cheyenne.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Housing in Cheyenne is expensive. If you like rodeo and cowboy life, Wyoming is great. Close friend just moved from Cheyenne and hunted all over the state. Have had several friends stationed at Malmstrom and they loved the hunting opportunities. Cant speak to housing costs in that portion of Mt. Neither one is a bad decision and look forward to hearing what you decide.
    Was only in Cheyenne one day, but went to Cheyenne frontier days last summer and it was arguably the best day I had all year. Huge time and I am no cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Congratulations! I've got a pile of preference points in WY.
    You’ve got a place to stay and I’ll have resident rights. Should be getting there end of this year or beginning of next!

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Tell her Rip’s married. She’ll come around after that.
    She’s got me, why would she want anything else

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Thanks everyone!

Anyone have the low down on the hunting around Cheyenne? I can shoot a pronghorn on base. My main focus is birds and turkeys. How are the turkeys there?

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    She’s got me, why would she want anything else

Well, that’s a damned fine point you’re making