Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluefin from Capt Dave Marciano of Wicked Tuna

Default Bluefin from Capt Dave Marciano of Wicked Tuna

Saw while back Dave Marciano of Wicked Tuna was starting seafood business with overnight shipping (yep it ain’t cheap )

They went live this week, I put in order on Wednesday for bluefin loin (about 3lbs ) and they were to ship it overnight so I would have it Friday. Was planning on dinner for Saturday night anyway. Actually got a call from lady at Angelica Seafood Friday am, she apologized and said Capt Dave lost big tuna at boat Thursday am to mako shark (was caught on Wicked Tuna cameras ). He was headed back in Friday am with bluefin. Got it Saturday am fresh as it could be naturally shipping is a witch but damn worth it.

Seared it on Blackstone tonight , would melt in your mouth

CAD6F0B2-11FD-4B17-A178-5F6DDE50262F.jpgA067EBCD-FE67-40E7-BE1C-16192DD09500.jpg4414E02D-E40E-4BBC-8917-52CA8C2A1154.jpgD597209E-DA86-4660-B590-7DB21CA60FF9.jpg79F893AD-7C53-42A3-875B-55D0F62F9803.jpg

Shipping is crazy but looks delicious
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I got a way to sear it that I am sure you would like and I have done alot of searing fresh Tuna in my life. Really simple and awsome!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I got a way to sear it that I am sure you would like and I have done alot of searing fresh Tuna in my life. Really simple and awsome!

Open for suggestions.

Turned out great but always willing to try something different

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Shipping is crazy but looks delicious

Yea, took me little bit to click on “buy” due to shipping but figured what hell worth at least a shot

Kind of wishing I had not now LOL.

My 60th B Day will be here in Oct. Think I will get the bigger loin for that for family meal.

Sucker was at least 3” thick

Looks great!

How does it compare to YFT in your opinion?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Looks great but shipping is crazy on price. I’ll go be poor somewhere else.

very nice, I'll give it a try
    no sesame seeds for me though
    I'll blacken and put it on a bun slathered in Dukes mayo
    when the blackened seasoning and the fish juice get mixed in with that mayo..........good gracious

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    very nice, I'll give it a try
    no sesame seeds for me though
    I'll blacken and put it on a bun slathered in Dukes mayo
    when the blackened seasoning and the fish juice get mixed in with that mayo..........good gracious
    Damn right.

I get homemade Datil pepper sauce from a friend in Hastings, FL. Put a healthy amount in some Duke's ... mix that up for a sandwich topping.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Am I the only guy left who orders Paul Prudhomme's Redfish blackening seasoning??

Tried others, but always come back to Chef Paul's ... I guess it goes back to the days of old when we stopped at his place in NOLA on the way to Cameron Parish. My Pops was a fiend for the redfish on the halfshell at KPaul's.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    How does it compare to YFT in your opinion?

BB, kind of shocked at how much better it was and I love YFT (get it fresh at Simmons when at IOP )

Way it was explained to me by someone is bluefin and caught in colder water for most part and have lot more fat in them. If you watch Wicked Tuna that is what they look for. Guess just like fat in a ribeye , it kind of melts in your mouth

Have had bluefin sushi quite a bit and was great but never a bluefin steak.

By way I did slice some off and dip in soy sauce before cooking

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Am I the only guy left who orders Paul Prudhomme's Redfish blackening seasoning??

Tried others, but always come back to Chef Paul's ... I guess it goes back to the days of old when we stopped at his place in NOLA on the way to Cameron Parish. My Pops was a fiend for the redfish on the halfshell at KPaul's.
    I use it all the time as well.

Damn right.

I get homemade Datil pepper sauce from a friend in Hastings, FL. Put a healthy amount in some Duke's ... mix that up for a sandwich topping.
    I'm listenin', bubba.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Lemon pepper on both sides, a little fresh lemon juice while you getting the pan hot. In the pan a little olive oil and butter get warm and add minced garlic to render in but don't burn it. Add tuna making sure to rub in the garlic while cooking, turn and repeat. Squeeze fresh lemon on the fish and thank me later.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I use it all the time for blackened freshwater fish filets
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Panko flash fry
    867-5309

One of the best all purpose seasoning out there!

It is in my seasoning rack as well

I order it by the tub and it’s way cheaper than in the store…
    E0C9D1A2-9B5B-460E-805C-9F3270094430.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!