Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let’s discuss the 12 team playoff

Irony at it’s finest

Matthew 6:3 & 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Weak. You tried to get personal over a sports thread and now you look like an ass. Regardless of how much you contribute
    Yep I'm with VG on this one. Why the hell you drag that into the sports thread?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    We are all looking at you…….and wondering why you are choosing to die on this hill. Go have a beer and shoot some doves fella.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Yep I'm with VG on this one. Why the hell you drag that into the sports thread?

Would have been a hell of a witty segue, but I missed my shot. His donation is appreciated.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Time and Place, you missed both.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    He wasn't talking to you. You owe the man an apology. Man up
    That would take character

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Time and Place, you missed both.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    That would take character

And I apologize to boozer. Clemson sucks, carolina sucks way more. Carry on brother
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 09-04-2022 at 09:32 AM.

[QUOTE=River Rat;3014809]Would have been a hell of a witty segue, but I missed my shot. His donation is appreciated.[/QUOTE
    I have contributed to every donation thread and even started some over the many years I have been on this site.
    I have gone back and forth with Boozer for years and never one personal cheap douchebag post from him or from me toward each other.
    Sounds like you are the hurt feelings "internet police"

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Thank you for your service today VG.

Attachment 77344

So, back on track. I believe that college football has the best regular season of any sport. The entire season is a playoff. You win, you control your destiny. Lose, and it is out of your hands.

What would the reaction be if a 12-0 Clemson team sat Trevor Lawrence in the ACC championship game, knowing they are already in. What if 10-1 Bama sat Bryce Young for the Auburn game, because all they had to do to get in was win the SECCG?

I believe that the best two teams in the country have played in the title game pretty consistently in the playoff era. Isn’t that the goal? When you add another week of “good on good”, teams are going to be more beat up, and the quality of football will be lower.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    So, back on track. I believe that college football has the best regular season of any sport. The entire season is a playoff. You win, you control your destiny. Lose, and it is out of your hands.

What would the reaction be if a 12-0 Clemson team sat Trevor Lawrence in the ACC championship game, knowing they are already in. What if 10-1 Bama sat Bryce Young for the Auburn game, because all they had to do to get in was win the SECCG?

I believe that the best two teams in the country have played in the title game pretty consistently in the playoff era. Isn’t that the goal? When you add another week of “good on good”, teams are going to be more beat up, and the quality of football will be lower.
    But are they "in" because they played 10 or 11 unranked teams with losing records?
    Then get humiliated in the first round
    At the end of the day, the best team in the country usually will be there at the end

I’m with trkykilla, leave it alone. If your team can beat their schedule, either weak or strong, it will show when their matched up against a strong team. I think they ought to do away with all those BS bowl games, the top players players ain’t going to risk millions in NFL to play a game without no bragging rights

[QUOTE=ecu1984;3014819]
    Would have been a hell of a witty segue, but I missed my shot. His donation is appreciated.[/QUOTE
    I have contributed to every donation thread and even started some over the many years I have been on this site.
    I have gone back and forth with Boozer for years and never one personal cheap douchebag post from him or from me toward each other.
    Sounds like you are the hurt feelings "internet police"
    It wasn’t very kind, you’re right. You’re annoying as shit, but not, not decent. Poor form on my part.

Now, should I also apologize to VG? He’s really taken my offenses to you rather personally.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Football

What we do when we don't have a good hunting spot.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Just my opinion but the 4 team playoff has been fine with me. Honestly from what I have seen that is plenty and even then some teams are out matched

Really seems like 2-3 teams are head and shoulders better each year for that particular season

Do not care how many you have somebody gonna feel left out but with that said it the downside is that teams are expected to run the table to get there every year.

But we all know if it goes to a 12 team playoff the players with NFL draft on their mind will sit out extra games to keep injury risks to a minimum so that will water down the extended playoff
    Last edited by tprice; 09-04-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Would have been a hell of a witty segue, but I missed my shot. His donation is appreciated.
    Eh. You owned it, let's move on.

Honestly I kinda like that things are getting back to normal and we are all arguing in the sports forum.

To Boozers point just leave it alone. Far as I'm concerned the best team has won the last 5 years or so.

[QUOTE=River Rat;3014829]
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post

It wasn’t very kind, you’re right. You’re annoying as shit, but not, not decent. Poor form on my part.

Now, should I also apologize to VG? He’s really taken my offenses to you rather personally.
    It's all good

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I’m with trkykilla, leave it alone. If your team can beat their schedule, either weak or strong, it will show when their matched up against a strong team. I think they ought to do away with all those BS bowl games, the top players players ain’t going to risk millions in NFL to play a game without no bragging rights
    what he said, but the bowl games won't be going anywhere
    way too much revenue