Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Trump desperate or dumb, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I'd pardon them then arrest Ray Epps and the rest of the FBI agents inciting the crowd.
    Golf clap

It's sad that Trump is a top 3 president of all time. But it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    The absolute and stunning beauty of the US Constitution is that it created the means for a bloodless coup every two years. Talking, to the extent it helps individuals sort how how they will cast their votes in the biannual bloodless coup, is a means of fighting back. This, of course, is why the sanctity of the vote is so important to those who dearly believe in our republic.
    Thank you for voting for our country
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Thank you for voting for our country
    Oh, I get where you were going. Thank you for your service. I honor and respect that. It doesn't mean your are always right and it doesn't mean that you can start something and not expect some push back.

I was born in Taiwan. I spent most of my childhood being drug around the northern hemisphere never getting to stay in any one place for more than a year. I've been beaten-up on three continents, four foreign countries and the state of Mississippi. I have entire years of my life that I don't remember. I have an appreciation for the cost of military service both to the men and women that signed-up to serve and those that didn't have a choice.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 09-02-2022 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Oh, I get where you were going. Thank you for your service. I honor and respect that. It doesn't mean your are always right and it doesn't mean that you can start something and not expect some push back.

I was born in Taiwan. I spent most of my childhood being drug around the northern hemisphere never getting to stay in any one place for more than a year. I've been beaten-up on three continents, four foreign countries and the state of Mississippi. I have entire years of my life that I don't remember. I have an appreciation for the cost of military service both to the men and women that signed-up to serve and those that didn't have a choice.
    We have reached a middle ground. Just also understand that I didn’t put military service into this conversation. I didn’t take it personally until you made those comments. My original post was about one man and one decision he made. It got personal, and I can usually brush that off.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

We have reached a middle ground. Just also understand that I didn’t put military service into this conversation. I didn’t take it personally until you made those comments. My original post was about one man and one decision he made. It got personal, and I can usually brush that off.
    I really don't know what comments you are talking about. This one?

What? Really? You can't think of anywhere in history were armies used to take away freedoms?
    If so, that was directed at Black Bart, not you. It really had nothing to do with you. My point was and still is that military units (not the one you served in) have been used for centuries to take away freedoms. Meaning armies are not always fighting for the right side. That's all. It had nothing to do with you at all.

Thank you for the clarification, and yes I took it personally.
    We’re good, and I appreciate the public dialogue. Emotions can get lost in text.
    Respect

Thank you for the clarification, and yes I took it personally.
    We’re good, and I appreciate the public dialogue. Emotions can get lost in text.
    Respect
    Thanks. I understand and am humbled by you and folks like you that took up the charge to protect our freedoms. That's why I get so flustered when other people are so willing to give those freedoms away.

My point on the bottom of page 3 of this thread is that giving (or voting) those freedoms way just sentences future generations to go through what you have had to endured. That's what I want to avoid by not giving those freedoms away now.

**double fist to the chest**

YEP!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Thanks. I understand and am humbled by you and folks like you that took up the charge to protect our freedoms. That's why I get so flustered when other people are so willing to give those freedoms away.

My point on the bottom of page 3 of this thread is that giving (or voting) those freedoms way just sentences future generations to go through what you have had to endured. That's what I want to avoid by not giving those freedoms away now.
    I totally get it, and please understand that I naively separate my beliefs from our freedom of beliefs, no matter how much it may drive me crazy at times. This is what makes our country so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    **double fist to the chest**
    I can never quit this dude. There’s a stepshow waiting for you waiting for you in heaven.

I totally get it, and please understand that I naively separate my beliefs from our freedom of beliefs, no matter how much it may drive me crazy at times. This is what makes our country so great.
    Thanks for understanding. I was snarky earlier though and Hogg, rightfully, called me out on that. I need to apologize for that. I sincerely apologize. I was wrong.

I would never give any consideration to a blue-haired, unaccomplished leftist. That being said, I do respect, want to hear and try to understand the thoughts of any military veteran. They deserve that from me and everyone else.

Sorry for bringing up the military. More so for stoking this passion in the process.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master