Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brandon moving on gun ban

The State Supreme Courts seemed to have sent signals to the Legislators about over reaching. The Senate will make the final call.

The bill on abortion came out of the judiciary with one exception, the life of mother.

It was amended on the house floor to also include rape and incest. The three exceptions are overwhelmingly supported by general election voters, republican voters and the poll on this site.

The word we got from senate was they wanted the three exceptions. They can amend if they chose and return it to the house.

National democrats are trying to get anything they can by any means necessary before they lose the house.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The bill on abortion came out of the judiciary with one exception, the life of mother.

It was amended on the house floor to also include rape and incest. The three exceptions are overwhelmingly supported by general election voters, republican voters and the poll on this site.

The word we got from senate was they wanted the three exceptions. They can amend if they chose and return it to the house.

National democrats are trying to get anything they can by any means necessary before they lose the house.
    DT, the only thing I’ll add in case it comes up in the discussions is that the ‘science’ of our present ‘Heartbeat’ bill is apparently wrong. It’s being interpreted as “6 weeks” or so, but some research shows that the “heartbeats” heard at 6 weeks aren’t biological at all, but, rather, the ultrasound machine’s interpretation of separate electrical signals. The heart doesn’t actual put out a beat until about 8-9 weeks. My point being is that if they set a limit on the rape and/or incest provisions, it should be based on science, and not inaccurate machines and old wive’s tales.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-06-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

so you're saying "trust the science"?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Science also shows that if left to is normal process it will become a human so there is that.... Heartbeat or not that clump of cells is a human... Murder is murder.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

but he's splitting murder hairs between 6 and 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Science also shows that if left to is normal process it will become a human so there is that.... Heartbeat or not that clump of cells is a human... Murder is murder.
    What is your opinion on IVF?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so you're saying "trust the science"?
    Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    You're saying you would force a young girl, possibly as young as 8-10 years old, to carry a fetus to term if incest (or a stepfather?) or (thug?) rape is involved? If so, you really ought to stare in the mirror for a long time. Your head is twisted on wrong.

but he's splitting murder hairs between 6 and 8 weeks.
    No, just clarifying so that someone who's caught in those situations aren't punished when they shouldn't be.

I am not pro-abortion... but I am also not pro-rape or pro-incest, like some of you sound like you are.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    You're saying you would force a young girl, possibly as young as 8-10 years old, to carry a fetus to term if incest (or a stepfather?) or (thug?) rape is involved? If so, you really ought to stare in the mirror for a long time. Your head is twisted on wrong.

No, just clarifying so that someone who's caught in those situations aren't punished when they shouldn't be.

I am not pro-abortion... but I am also not pro-rape or pro-incest, like some of you sound like you are.
    Being against aborting an infant is not being pro anything. It is being against murder.

As it has been said many times what less that 1% of all abortions is because of rape or incest. I also never stated I was against someones choice or that it should be taken away. It is still murder.

IVF only the number they are willing to carry to term should be implanted.

We can make this argument a thousand different ways and do this with or without religious arguments involved and say the same ole things. Nothing will change the fact that it is a human life and ending a human life since the first murder is still murder. We can make the argument about rape and incest or any other exception to the rule does not change the outcome. Those do not change the end result for the fetus.

My personal opinion does not change the end result for the fetus.... We can make all the moral arguments we want.

My opinion.... Incest should be an exception as birth defects can be a result of this and often it is in a case of incest is rape... Rape is another entire moral argument to be made. Yes sad which it is resulting in yet another sad situation in the killing of an unborn child.

The women that get abortions result in a 3% higher risk of suicide than those that give birth.... I am curious as to those that go through rape and an abortion what is the suicide rate in that subgroup of women. Again, I do not think it is a choice that should be taken away from those that go through that but the killing of an unborn child is still murder. I am sure the mental stability of anyone that goes through any of those choices is in turmoil and not sure the best result is the death of a child in my opinion.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

But how did this go from gun control to reproductive control in the first page

These idiots have the attention span of a 4yr old playing chess.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

No. I was just making fun of you for using science bc it benefitted your perspective. That simple.
    but i dont think the 6th or 8th week matters, in this instance.

No. I was just making fun of you for using science bc it benefitted your perspective. That simple.
    but i dont think the 6th or 8th week matters, in this instance.
    You continue to be the good ol' asshole like everyone says...

And, no, toof, I've always tried to listen to 'science', when it's factual and isn't twisted to fit an agenda. I also know that science can change based on new information and discoveries... just like the ADA finally recognized that the fluoride limit needed to be lowered at least 50%. I don't, however, recall you acknowledging that one.

And, yes, whether it's 6 or 8 weeks can make a difference to some girl, or woman, some day. If I understand my wife correctly, it's not uncommon to not even know one is pregnant for 6-8 weeks, so time can be critical to someone who shouldn't even be put in that position of being a victim of incest or rape. Let's not make it even worse for them.

darealdeal, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, just like some people don't deserve to be breathing oxygen, a rape case victim, from my perspective, has my support to do whatever they decide to do, especially when they're young. Do you really want some kid to some day ask his mom, who's only a few years older than s/he is, "Mommy, who's my daddy", and she has to say, "I don't know. I was raped at a party by four guys and you come from one of them..."? Yeah, that's a great environment to bring a child into, isn't it? Bull...

If you were to follow your line of thinking all the way home, you'd have to believe that any sperm cell that has even the potential for creating a fetal cell mass should be saved, and, thus, everyone should eliminate all manner of 'discharge' unless it's for the sake of procreation. That sounds a lot like "16th century" thinking to me.
    ~ George Washington

darealdeal, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, just like some people don't deserve to be breathing oxygen, a rape case victim, from my perspective, has my support to do whatever they decide to do, especially when they're young. Do you really want some kid to some day ask his mom, who's only a few years older than s/he is, "Mommy, who's my daddy", and she has to say, "I don't know. I was raped at a party by four guys and you come from one of them..."? Yeah, that's a great environment to bring a child into, isn't it? Bull...
    I get what you are saying but who is to say that child that the mother doesn't want because of an injustice done to her isn't placed into a home of someone else and has a chance at a normal life? You nor myself had any say in how we came into this world. That child that the mother may not want might possibly be the next Billy Graham or a serial killer, who knows but God? It's not our job to do his.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    I get what you are saying but who is to say that child that the mother doesn't want because of an injustice done to her isn't placed into a home of someone else and has a chance at a normal life? You nor myself had any say in how we came into this world. That child that the mother may not want might possibly be the next Billy Graham or a serial killer, who knows but God? It's not our job to do his.
    I’m not saying any girl or woman needs to do anything. I’m saying that in those circumstances the politicians, or ourselves, don’t have the right to dictate what they have to do… or not.

What would you do if your 12-14 year old daughter was raped and got pregnant? Force her to have the baby?
    ~ George Washington

I’m not saying any girl or woman needs to do anything. I’m saying that in those circumstances the politicians, or ourselves, don’t have the right to dictate what they have to do… or not.

What would you do if your 12-14 year old daughter was raped and got pregnant? Force her to have the baby?
    Hope I'm never in that situation and I honestly don't know until I was in it. I'm not a saint and am arm chair quarterbacking over here but I still consider it murder. Not to sound holy but I'd like to think God would use one of these lives for his Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Hope I'm never in that situation and I honestly don't know until I was in it. I'm not a saint and am arm chair quarterbacking over here but I still consider it murder. Not to sound holy but I'd like to think God would use one of these lives for his Glory.
    I’m not as hard-core religious as a lot of you guys here, but I get the impression that ‘everyone’ is assuming that God decided to have that girl raped and get pregnant, even by a street thug, an illegal felon, or a Muslim terrorist, etc. What makes you think that the violation wasn’t the evil work of Satan? If God can be doing things behind the curtain, the opposite can also be true. No?
    ~ George Washington

if my 12-14 year old daughter got raped I would probably be in prison for murder

Woodie don’t read the news now. The Senate medical affairs committee removed the exceptions.

I’m not as hard-core religious as a lot of you guys here, but I get the impression that ‘everyone’ is assuming that God decided to have that girl raped and get pregnant, even by a street thug, an illegal felon, or a Muslim terrorist, etc. What makes you think that the violation wasn’t the evil work of Satan? If God can be doing things behind the curtain, the opposite can also be true. No?
    Not God's doing but who is to say he can't turn it around for his glory. I ain't all that holy but it's hard to deny he has a hand and plan in people's life.