Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brandon moving on gun ban

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Woodie don’t read the news now. The Senate medical affairs committee removed the exceptions.
    Then those sanctimonious jerks ought to be run out of town after a slap up top the side of their heads with a wet ‘Opossum tail. Who are they to dictate that victims of incest and rape should have to live with the results of those evil acts? I hope their wives and daughters are the first victims of their pompous bull shit.

If someone did some serious digging, I’d bet they’d find some serious skeletons in every one of their closets… or hands under the table.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

The senate democrats voted in committee to remove the rape and incest exceptions the house sent to the senate. It is an attempt to put the blame on republicans for the abortion bill. They are wanting voters to blame the republicans. Voters under 44 years old overwhelmingly want the exceptions included.

The bill will now go to the senate floor.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    You continue to be the good ol' asshole like everyone says...
    tell everyone I said Hey
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Default Brandon moving on gun ban

The Republicans are a majority in that committee.

CNN:

“The committee vote to amend the bill involved only Republican men, as Democrats on the committee abstained from the vote in an apparent strategic move to reduce the bill's chances of passing in the full Senate.”

WISTV
    The Senate Medical Affairs Committee vote 9-8 with two Republicans joining all Democrats — to send the bill to the full Senate, where debate is expected to begin Wednesday morning. The exceptions could be restored during that debate.

CNN did not drill down. Democrats got the national media headline they wanted.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 09-07-2022 at 08:21 AM.

What would you do if your 12-14 year old daughter was raped and got pregnant? Force her to have the baby?
    I wouldn't wait 6-8 weeks to take preventive action in that scenario. Something more along the " morning after" option would be taken in the example you cited above

The Democrats voted to remove exception then abstained from the final vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I wouldn't wait 6-8 weeks to take preventive action in that scenario. Something more along the " morning after" option would be taken in the example you cited above
    I agree with you on that, although at the start of this bill even that was talked about being illegal.

Also note that you are assuming that all young girls/women would tell their parents they got raped as soon as it happened. If not, that pill doesn’t do any good past a few days or so, as I understand it. Right?
    ~ George Washington

[QUOTE=WoodieSC;3015657]..... Who are they to dictate that victims of incest and rape should have to live with the results of those evil acts? I hope their wives and daughters are the first victims of their pompous bull shit. }

Wow... you would really like to see that happen?

There will always be states to get these services. If I was in a position in might need plan B then i would have it on hand before i getting in that situation. You cant plan for rape or incest however. The state of SC cant on its own outlaw abortion procedures. So what are we really crying about here. Bus ticket to Raleigh or Charlotte would get it done if that is what you need.
    Last edited by centurian; 09-07-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    ..... Who are they to dictate that victims of incest and rape should have to live with the results of those evil acts? I hope their wives and daughters are the first victims of their pompous bull shit.

Wow... you would really like to see that happen?
    Personally, I don't really wish anything like that on anyone who's innocent. The problem is that these sanctimonious bastards don't give a damn about anyone they could hurt with their votes/decisions, etc, and they won't come close to waking up until/unless it hits real close to home. So if that's what it takes to support the ones they don't give a damn about, then so be it.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-07-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    ~ George Washington