Thread: where to fish????

I'm new to the forum, and to SC..
    Moved here from Ocean City, MD, where we caught rockfish off the route 90 Bridge..
    Is there anywhere around me where I can catch rockfish/stripper and not need a boat??
    I'm really missing eating this fish..
    I make it blackened..mmmm..
    Thank you
    Fishing babe...

SCTIMBER Coots

Welcome to SCDUCKS

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock_band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party74.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party43.gif[/img]

Most of the places I know of you would need a boat, someone here may be able to help you out.

A lot of folks used to wade into the Congaree River near Columbia and catch quite a few. Unfortunately, that population of fish is down a good bit.

Next is the old 301 bridge crossing Lake Marion. Probably hook up on some cats also.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
    I'll try the lake Marion ...
    I really miss OC...the fishing was out of this world..what most catch around here to eat, I used as bait on the piers and bridges!!!
    Fishing babe...

SCTIMBER Coots

Just add a good pot of grits on the side with the meal and you'll never know what you missed up north

When in Rome...

I would adjust my fishing to fish for what is there...save your urges for the rockfish and satisfy them when you go home.

That and...make a buddy with someone who has a boat. Pay your way or fish topless and you will always be invited back.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I see a lot of folks at Russleville landing fishing from the bank...the re-diversion. I have seen em catch cats and rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Originally posted by BigBrother:
    That and...make a buddy with someone who has a boat. Pay your way or fish topless and you will always be invited back.
    [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] I knew this thread would get something like that sooner or later.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3