Thread: 9/10/22 Veterans hunt @ St. Stephens field

Default 9/10/22 Veterans hunt @ Canal WMA field in St. Stephen

Confirmed with the POC this year's Veterans hunt is at the Canal WMA fields in St. Stephen on Sept 10th, show time 1330.

I'll actually be able to make it this year. Hope to see some of my fellow vets from SCDucks there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 09-02-2022 at 09:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Should be a great hunt.
    Good luck.

Don't forget your bicycle.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-29-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Never been to this field before but I certainly appreciate the tip sir.

For clarification this is the Canal WMA ran by the Army Corp of Engineers off Cty Rd 35.

Says "invitation only" but if you're military/ retired/veteran just bring your ID.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

St. Stephen**
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Ah, thank you for the correction sir.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It’s usually a good hunt!

I wish the first hunt was a lottery.. Pile of MTP moondicks running with snake boots and Stoegers..

Thank you for your service!!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Thanks for the support sir. Its my pleasure to serve this great land.

The local fields in Sumter County are stupid packed the first couple weekends too. Been to that circus, not real interested in going back.

I found out about this Veterans hunt a few years ago. As luck would have it, like so many other things in my life, the fun events I want to attend always seem to land on a weekend I had Reserve duty. This Veterans hunt was no exception. I've since transitioned to a new Reserve role near my home turf in Sumter at Shaw AFB and "drill weekends" aren't an issue for me any longer.

As for the fields, I've never been to the Canal WMA but was looking at it on Google earth and it appears that there's a series of smaller fields bordering the Canal that when added up total 60-some acres. But that's a guess.

Last edited by willyworm; 09-01-2022 at 11:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In case anyone was planning to attend, given Saturday's weather forecast they moved this hunt to Oct 1st.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]