Thread: Best navionics card?

Default Best navionics card?

Looking for preloaded card, reefs, ledges, live bottom.
    Low country redneck who moved north

C-MOR Maps.

What unit do you have? Garmin is about like Apple, not compatible with anything else.

Simrad

CMor is the best if your graph is compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Simrad and will see what card is in mine tomorrow.
    It's a 2021 card and its amazing how much detail and accuracy is on it.
    The friggin water depths are dead on and every channel marker, buoy, etc.
    is perfect

Does anyone actually have the CMor chip for SC, or is the recommendation based on Instagram videos? The consensus was that it had poor coverage off our coast not long ago, but they may have updated. From the ledge in, the coverage was spotty at best, and that's where it would benefit most bottom fishing, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Does anyone actually have the CMor chip for SC, or is the recommendation based on Instagram videos? The consensus was that it had poor coverage off our coast not long ago, but they may have updated. From the ledge in, the coverage was spotty at best, and that's where it would benefit most bottom fishing, for me at least.
    Inshore of the ledge its pretty much non-existent, pretty good ledge coverage. It has the MR, etc on there.
    What it's good at is the sword grounds, I spent hours pouring through and downloading noaa charts, etc, got a few good spots, then i got a CMOR card and they stuck out like a sore thumb and more.
    Last edited by buckpro; 08-30-2022 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Inshore of the ledge its pretty much non-existent, pretty good ledge coverage. It has the MR, etc on there.
    What it's good at is the sword grounds, I spent hours pouring through and downloading noaa charts, etc, got a few good spots, then i got a CMOR card and they stuck out like a sore thumb and more.
    Can you do color shading with the card?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Can you do color shading with the card?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    No, its color shaded, but not in the traditional sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I don't have it on my rig(Garmin XSVs) but several of the boats I fish on do. As stated, it's great for the swordfish grounds and deep dropping. Also great for finding upwellings that consistently hold bait due to bottom contours.

Is it good for water depth 0-200? I'm not going deep dropping often and never swording.

CMor isn’t good for 0-200’. My understanding is that it’s going to be about 2 more years before the coverage is comprehensive. Get a Map Unique electronic chart, load the points and prospect. There’s bottom all over those numbers. Heck, some of the most productive bottom I have, most people would never stop on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013