Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tennis elbow / cast net elbow

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Good grief. Next time just let your wife throw the net. She’d look a lot better doing it than you anyhow…..
    This sounds worse than the time he got attacked by that shark!

Mine comes and goes. Last time was the worst. The Velcro band from cvs helped me. I never got to rest it except when I slept. I feel like I can’t squeeze as hard with my hand anymore.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    This sounds worse than the time he got attacked by that shark!
    You don’t know what it’s like to have been bitten by a shark. Even if it was a little shark…..

Sounds like you strained the extensors where they attach your your lateral epicondyle and it never gotten better, pretty common. I’m an Ortho ue pa and I can tell you it’s very common and is not anything we love to treat. Heat, stretching, massage, topical anti inflammatory drugs with a whole lot of time. I had it about 8 months and it is finally gone. A surgeon buddy had it over a year and got prp and has seemed to help. Let me know if I can help this is a lot of typing.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    frickin hilarious.
    UNvited
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

but what's so funny about this is that everyone has a long story about trying different things until it finally goes away.

but I'm the one with the bad attitude.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Nobody uses ice anymore? Get you a styrofoam coffee cup. Fill it with water, put that in the freezer. Peel the cup down and apply the ice pop to the exact spot until numb 2-3 times a day. R-I-C-E. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. A little ibuprofen never hurts, either.

That will help tennis elbow, if that's what you have going on.
    Fun fact: The guy who developed the RICE method has actually redacted his recommendation for the Icing part of the protocol as it may actually delay healing.

And 2th, if people keep telling you the same thing over and over it just might not be everyone else who is wrong. For what it's worth, I'm glad you're here.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Tool has a remarkably good attitude for someone who sniffs bad breath all day.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    UNvited
    I take it back.

Seriously.

and, if anyone can actually read, all I said was (anecdotally) tennis elbow goes away.

After reading all of this, I'm wondering what the heck is wrong with my left elbow. Could be any number of things listed in this thread.

I thought it was tendinitis and have been trying to let it heal. This has come and gone for a couple years now and I'd notice it flare up during workouts that involved pullups or any range of motion similar to what I'd do with pullups. I haven't even shot my bow since last season because I'm a lefty and want to let my elbow heal. Probably won't bow hunt this September. Won't miss much since our "bow season" is just 2 weeks of hot as balls September anyway.

The pain isn't bad but it's annoying and I worry it could get worse, especially being 40 now. Kind of a sharp pain on the right side of my left elbow. Certain pulling motions will trigger it and the most annoying part is having to avoid a lot of workout movements to let it heal. I can still pick stuff up just fine but I definitely do feel it when lifting a heavy box or something like that.

"Certain pulling motions will trigger it ..."

I'm thinking some of you guys probably just need to sign off the computer for a week and the soreness will probably go away.

Pro tip.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-30-2022 at 01:41 PM.

I know.. I know, just too many joke opportunities.

I wasn't joking.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Sounds like you strained the extensors where they attach your your lateral epicondyle and it never gotten better, pretty common. I’m an Ortho ue pa and I can tell you it’s very common and is not anything we love to treat. Heat, stretching, massage, topical anti inflammatory drugs with a whole lot of time. I had it about 8 months and it is finally gone. A surgeon buddy had it over a year and got prp and has seemed to help. Let me know if I can help this is a lot of typing.
    Amazing how professionals are so professional and know what they are talking about! Thanks for the advice.

Sc ducks should start it’s own health insurance group.

he made up half those words

oh wait.
    to paraphrase: "it hurts and will go away over a long time"

and i'm the asshole who said "it hurts and will go away over a long time."

carry on

I had tennis elbow a few years back. A couple of K-laser sessions at the chiropractor and it was gone. It also fixed some lower back pain.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    oh wait.
    to paraphrase: "it hurts and will go away over a long time"

and i'm the asshole who said "it hurts and will go away over a long time."

carry on

Plank wall won’t stop a .50 cal bullet….but a dentist will…
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

exactly.
    i think. maybe, at least.
    but you said it hurts and will go away you just threw in a little latin.

and a chiropractor cant even cut hair so how the hell you expect him to fix bones and joints and stuff???