Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tennis elbow / cast net elbow

Had tennis elbow real bad and finally went and saw a buddy who is an orthopedist. He recommended using voodoo floss. Essentially you tightly wrap above and below the elbow with a 2” wide elastic band with 50% compression, then flex/move your arm. After 2 minutes you remove the wrap, do a couple times a day. Was completely healed in ~a week. A mild case came back and I went back on the band for a couple days it was gone…

My doc couldn’t really explain it, but the thought is the blood rushing back through after the band is removed promotes healing in the muscles and fascia. Plenty of how to videos on YouTube and bands are cheap ~$10 on Amazon.

Had a mild case earlier this year. Tried something similar to Tater's recommendation and it worked itself out. It will flare up ever so often but nothing in last several months.

Been dealing with it for 20+ years. Being billy badd ass and lifting too heavy of objects and pulling wire instead of using the tugger will give it to you real quick like. I just put one of these on and wear it for most of the day. It'll usually run it's course for about a week or so, or until I do something stupid and flare it up again....

Fighting it right now from lifting cross ties for a retaining wall.

https://www.amazon.com/Tennis-Elbow-.../dp/B015I2EC9O

Getting old. It sure beats the alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    How long did it bother you before you had the surgery?
    10 months or so. Mine got to the point I couldn’t do my job. I got the surgery 6 years ago and it hasn’t been back since.

here's what I know to be fact (based on personal experience)
    everything I have that hurts, gets better without going to the doctor or googling shit to fix it.
    sooner or later.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I was able to get it better by resting it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    everything I have that hurts, gets better without going to the doctor or googling shit to fix it.
    sooner or later.
    ...except your attitude...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

:snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sooner or later.
    This coming from a guy that people have to come to... to fix stuff that will not fix itself on google or just letting it ride out..... I am sure a lot of meth heads let their teeth just ride out before coming to see you.......
    Last edited by darealdeal; 08-29-2022 at 07:38 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I had it for about 4-5 months. It was terrible. Wore one of those arm bands the whole time which helped it a little bit. What finially fixed it was shaking out 350 bales of pine straw over a 2 day period. I guess the shaking motion mixed with the weight of the bales did the trick.

Yep it hurts and sucks! I dont remember exactly what brought mine on most recently but the pressure point trick helped mine every time
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I've had the cortisone shots and it works when it's bad. I'm going to try some of y'all's methods cause Ive been dealing with it for years now.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    ...except your attitude...
    frickin hilarious.

The reason I went to Hydraulic steering in my boat, is that damned cable steering and gator seasons got my elbow jacked up. Took a while to get over it but damn, it sucked.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Nobody uses ice anymore? Get you a styrofoam coffee cup. Fill it with water, put that in the freezer. Peel the cup down and apply the ice pop to the exact spot until numb 2-3 times a day. R-I-C-E. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. A little ibuprofen never hurts, either.

That will help tennis elbow, if that's what you have going on.

Sleep on the couch. Wedge it between the cushions. Thank me later.

Had tennis elbow for a year. Tried rest, 3200 mg ibuprophen daily, stretching, bands, ice, naprosen, 2 cortizone injections, all over 8 months with no improvement. As a last try before surgery, got referred to physical therapy for iontopheresis. Its electrical stimulation type process that pulls a steroid thru the tissue. After 4 visits was pain free. Never recurred

I'm going through this now from 3 hard days using chainsaw and pole saw a few weeks back. Yes getting old sucks. Cranking truck, drying off gripping towel, etc all hurt. Had a nerve block in my back last and mentioned to my Dr. and she said I strained the tendon and now tennis elbow. Told me to ice it, pressure, and rub Voltaren on it several times a day. Not bad advice from a back dr and it is working. Pain is an annoyance now when grabbing items or rotating forearm.

Just sayin'... make sure it's really 'Tennis Elbow'.

Years back I fought what I thought was TE for two years. My Chiropractor was finally able to pinpoint the real problem when she was able to release a tied up muscle on the left side of my neck and down around my left shoulder blade. When that released, the elbow pain and loss of strength resolved itself within a few days.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'