113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes bring up bill

99 87.61%
  • No leave as is

14 12.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get the legislature out of DNR

Default Get the legislature out of DNR

This is a poll to bring up a bill to remove the legislative process out of DNR and to model our programs after more successful states. This is just a poll but can debate and discuss exact language in a later thread after the poll is completed.

This will be to remove the legislative process out of the hands of politicians and allow them to make good educated decision obviously with reports and oversight but that will be discussed after the poll is concluded.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Done now.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

There has to be a connection between citizen sentiment and need and an otherwise unreachable, un-fire-able bureaucracy. If not politicians, who makes that connection?

Now...this....This is a good poll.

But, it'll never happen. Our public resources are a bargaining chip and a sandbox for other political ends.

SCDNR needs to be a cabinet agency and not beholden to legislature for their dollars so they can make their decisions in the interest of wildlife and resources and not to make this person angry so they cut funding...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    There has to be a connection between citizen sentiment and need and an otherwise unreachable, un-fire-able bureaucracy. If not politicians, who makes that connection?
    That is an easy fix. That will be discussed in another thread after this poll.

To do that would mean they would have to amend our state constitution I believe. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

There was a time when I would have said absolutely. But who checks the DNR when they make stupid decisions? Because they make some stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    There was a time when I would have said absolutely. But who checks the DNR when they make stupid decisions? Because they make some stupid decisions.
    That is something to be debated in a thread after the completion of this poll depending on results.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    and to model our programs after more successful states. .
    Grass is always greener on the other side. Do you think there are not websites with people bitching about wildlife management in every state? Define "more successful".

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    Grass is always greener on the other side. Do you think there are not websites with people bitching about wildlife management in every state? Define "more successful".
    Debate to come after poll depending on poll results.

Who is checking them now?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    Sure there are. But can you name a state with worse overall public land hunting than SC? Serious question.

Debate to come later fellas. Vote please need a good sample size. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Sure there are. But can you name a state with worse overall public land hunting than SC? Serious question.
    GA
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Agree.

It's more a " non management " issue of Public Land in Georgia.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    GA
    Ok so that leaves 46 others in the lower 48 that are better. That's kinda my point. SCDNR could certainly use some pages out of other state's playbooks... or maybe the entire playbook.

The executive branch, at least governors change every 4 or 8 years.

Granted Haley used the SCDNR & SCDHEC board to sell the SC port out for the Ga port for a speaking gig that put here on the national stage, but she plunked the legislators over the flag on the state grounds.

Politicians will alway have control in some form. Balancing them with bureaucrats usually creates less damage than one having too much control.

One Rep told me he saw DNR as a janitor HE employs.

One Rep told me the GA used the DNR to restock, now it was time for the to take back control of wildlife. A lifer that is now a magistrate.

Another Rep which later became a state senator then US Rep to the POTUS cabinet one the of brightest by was surprised his freshman year to learn many Reps went to Columbia to mingle in wildlife. He had great one liners.

The fear of politicians in the past fearing black man being Governor and Jim Crow will haunt SC for ever.

It is a dead horse now, politicians seldom freely relinquish control. Wildlife will always be a political carrot in SC. The carpet baggers saw to that.

If I am wrong wake me up when the limit on blue catfish is removed. That will be another great floor debate

If those are my two choices then, no, leave it as-is.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Look at Washington state, their DNR "biologist" shut down bear hunting. It's a DNR board filled with liberal antihunters. You want that?

And just because someone is a biologist, 60% couldn't manage a chicken coop. Look at some of our WMAs run by "biologist".
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

What buckpro said.

Diversity hires brings non hunters and unqualified idiots onto a job.