View Poll Results: Chicken Ducks Yes or No.

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ban

106 89.83%
  • No ban

12 10.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banning the practice of Pen Raised Birds

Default Banning the practice of Pen Raised Birds

This is a poll to get legislation brought up to ban the practice of pen raised ducks of all types in the state of SC.

Yes is to bring up legislation to get it banned.

No is to continue the practice. Leave as is.

Need a large sample size please vote.

Obviously more definitive and concise language will be needed and used.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 08-24-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

fixed
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

voted yes. but Yes to ducks, quail, etc. no to chickens

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    voted yes. but Yes to ducks, quail, etc. no to chickens
    You want to ban pen raised quail?

Not no but hell no to quail. How do I train a dog? What if I have a bird dog training area permit?
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 08-24-2022 at 10:36 AM.

This is just for ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    This is just for ducks.
    Then say migratory waterfowl for release

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Who in the fuck voted no?

me before I realized he was only referring to ducks. I am yes for waterfowl.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Then say migratory waterfowl for release
    Could read the part that said more clear and concise wording will be used. No reason if we don’t make the 75% mark per DTs requirement

I also voted no because quail got thrown into it. I am also an a no on waterfowl. However, I would be worried that quail and other species may be thrown into this .
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-24-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You want to ban pen raised quail?
    What's the difference between hunting / shooting pen raised ducks over pen raised quail? Nothing.
    IMO you can't ban one without banning the other. FWIW: I don't raise any or plan to, but have hunted both pen raised and wild with both species.
    Last edited by HT; 08-24-2022 at 12:00 PM.

one migrates
    one doesnt
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What's the difference between hunting / shooting pen raised ducks over pen raised quail? IMO you can't ban one without banning the other. FYI: I don't raise any or plan to, but have hunted both pen raised and wild with both species.
    For sake of conversation maybe pen raised ducks are more like hunting over live decoys than quail? Many places that I have hunted released quail have a non existent population and some after a great bit of effort and money was spent to try to establish a natural population. In general maybe Released quail have lower to no survival rate and may not ever mingle with wild birds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the difference between hunting / shooting pen raised ducks over pen raised quail? Nothing.
    IMO you can't ban one without banning the other. FWIW: I don't raise any or plan to, but have hunted both pen raised and wild with both species.
    I say ban neither, it’s nice knowing the shitty “hunters” are somewhere other than in my way. If y’all take the tamie ducks are these people going to quit and take up golf? Highly unlikely. If mashing clipped toes keeps these fa**ots off the interstate I’m all for it.

I hate bans. Bans suck. Bans gives someone the power to take something away and we become conditioned to the whole "if it pleases the crown" thing...

If they want to shoot pen raised ducks, then fine. Shoot em up. Just dont shoot any other ducks. Band them and shoot them year around. Accept liability in any diseases they introduce and own the whole live decoy thing. Make people accountable.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I say ban neither, it’s nice knowing the shitty “hunters” are somewhere other than in my way. If y’all take the tamie ducks are these people going to quit and take up golf? Highly unlikely. If mashing clipped toes keeps these fa**ots off the interstate I’m all for it.
    I would say some will quit. Once we stop making it so easy to have "success" that you bought and can brag all over social media about, a lot of these guys will take up other sports. Those of us in here know how much more work is required to kill wild ducks than pen raised over baited ponds... especially in SC. We're a different breed than the clip toe smasher frat boys paying with daddy's checks.

The dangers pr ducks pose to the wild population is well documented. How adversely pr quail affect wild quail is less clear, if for no other reason, there are so damn few wild quail to impact. Anecdotally, I can say that on the properties I know of that do the released quail thing, the wild quail have gradually disappeared until none are left.

The way you wrote it, I had to vote no. If you write it in such a way to ban releasing any pen-raised migratory bird then it'd be a different piece of legislation.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    The dangers pr ducks pose to the wild population is well documented. How adversely pr quail affect wild quail is less clear, if for no other reason, there are so damn few wild quail to impact. Anecdotally, I can say that on the properties I know of that do the released quail thing, the wild quail have gradually disappeared until none are left.
    Complete opposite result on our property. The wild quail population has increased. I admit there is no way to know if the released words became wild over time or if wild birds increased due to working to improve their habitat. I don't see any harmful problems with releasing quail. Hell if anything it gives the birds of prey and easy target and the wild birds have less predator pressure.