Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dove Season ‘22-‘23

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    lots of birds,

Gonna impose a 1 box of shells, 10
    birds or 10 miss limit, whichever comes first.
    How very Libertarian of you.

forgot about the 45 min limit as well.

pro tip- those herbicides yall are spraying on the seeds your birds are eating ain’t helping your bird numbers!
    Windows Down!

pro tip- those herbicides yall are spraying on the seeds your birds are eating ain’t helping your bird numbers!
    I have made this argument as well. I’ve watched fields full of birds have zero the next day after spraying paraquat but never could convince the farmer that’s what ran them off. I also asked is it not killing them he said no way, then 5 mins later says he poisons coyotes with it.

We have been holding great numbers lately but seem spotty the last few days.

You don’t spray the field once the flowers have made? Not being argumentative or a smart ass. Just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

I'm of the opinion that glyphosate isn't terribly toxic. Maybe I'm wrong but it's in such wide usage don't think the amount I put out matters much. I doubt doves live long enough naturally to develop non-Hodkin's lymphoma (joke. I think the class action against roundup was bogus, California bullshit). Gramoxone seems quite a bit more dangerous and might well kill birds.

Quote Originally Posted by sc sportsman View Post
    You don’t spray the field once the flowers have made? Not being argumentative or a smart ass. Just curious
    not if birds are already feeding on the seeds.

glyphosate probably not gonna kill em
    but paraquat kills shit for sure. if you spray the field and 20-30minutes later the birds show up, that could
    be a problem.
    Windows Down!

I’ve wondered about the sprays killing birds also.

Sounds like birds have been scattered the past week or two with all the corn fields being cut. Seems like the past two or three years farmers have cut their fields a week or two later. Maybe not
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I prefer to use a gun to spot spray the field. I don't think some Gly on the top of sunflower heads is going to bother the birds much. They still have to shell it first to eat the seed. And doesn't roundup evaporate after a day or two?

To spot spray my field this year, I'd still end up spraying every square foot of it. The weed have literally smothered my sunflowers.

The label says glypho can be applied a few hours before rain and still be effective. It dries pretty immediately on a hot day but I have no idea how long there is any residual that might hurt a bird.

Doves swallow the husk and all.

Back when the roundup trials were going on, some Monsanto rep was doing an interview and said it's safe enough to drink. When the interviewer replied, "Will you drink some on camera?" he had no answer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I burnt down both of our fields with a heavy mix of round up and crossbow. I’m hoping to see a nuked field in the morning when I get to work. If not i will go back with gramoxone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

but paraquat kills shit for sure.
    Including Us…

I went by my field today and had a few hundred on the line. So I say everyone will get there15 bird limit.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Including Us…
    What he said X10000000000000
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Rode by our field the other day in the mud boat and they all left.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"