Thread: Private River, Trout Fly Fishing - Western NC

Default Private River, Trout Fly Fishing - Western NC

F Cancer and Lets Go Jake!

Up for auction is a wading fly fishing trip on 4mi of private club water in Western NC about 20 miles south of Boone NC. Lodging (in a home), meals (better like steak) , and drinks (whiskey and tequila) will be provided. Fishing would take place for afternoon/ evening and following morning, departure after lunch. Every bit of effort will be put into winning bidder catching fish.

This will be a fly rod and fly only, catch and release trip. No spinning rods and corn. You dont have to be a rainbow trout poet so no experience necessary and a guide can be provided if the winner wishes, and will be provided if you dont know shit. All gear (rods, flies, waders, boots, etc) will be provided if need be. More than welcome to bring your own gear and / or fish on your own without guide. Light physical activity is required like being able to walk in a river with stone bottom, stepping over logs/ small boulders, lifting beer can to mouth.

Will work with winning bidder to find a mutual date either in fall or spring, would most likely need to be during Fri-Sun time frame. Understand water levels, temps, weather, turkey gobbling, may dictate changing dates beyond my control but will be worked out as well in advance as possible to give the winning bidder the best chance to catch fish.

Winning bidder may wish to bring cash for dice/ card game.

***BIDDING STARTS AT $200.00***
    fish 11.jpgfish 8.jpgfish 10.jpgfish 13.jpg

$400

$450

One person only, or could be father/son?

Welcome to bring a child if 18 under. Dont want to take away from a child having an opportunity to fish, however gear might be a challenge and was more geared for an adult trip. There might be a few others, some from this site, joining as well for comradery.
    Here are a few more pics. Keep the bidding going for Jacob!
    2.jpg5.jpg1.jpg6.jpg3.jpg

I fished a spot on a private river in approximately the same location when we were staying at a house on the river for my neighbor’s college graduation party. I didn’t know it was private or had any special rules…I just saw the creek running in front of the house and hauled ass to Wally World to buy a cheap spinning rod and a Couple of small rebel crawfish. I wasn’t informed of the rules until 7 of our hammered asses were finishing the last pieces two giant browns, one ginormous rainbow, and two nice Brookies that I caught in approximately 8 casts. Oops! Truly the epitome of “better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.”

That said, I’m suspecting this might be the same creek. Regardless, it’s the same deal, and this trip is worth a pretty penny. to experience.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

$575