Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Weekend - Tampa Area?

Default Long Weekend - Tampa Area?

This is probably the wrong forum but I couldn't figure out where to put a travel question, my apologies.

Anyway, I'm considering a long weekend with just the wife this Oct/Nov to the Tampa area (simply because we can get a direct flight from CHS). We aren't interested in staying in town, more of a beach type vacation. I'd like to get some suggestions on areas, hotels/resorts, restaurants within an hour drive or so of Tampa airport?

Thanks in advance.

Eat at Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City.

We go down a good bit, I have family that has vacation homes in Tierra Verde. Pass-a-Grille is a nice area, if you want a nicer hotel Don CeSar is right there, there are some smaller hotels too. If you go back down towards Treasure Island there are plenty of hotel options.

We usually cook when we’re there, Shaner’s on Pass-a-Grille is a good spot to get fish and other stuff to cook, they also have a really good deli.

Take the ride to Fishermans Ideal Supply House if you like fishing. It's a killer tackle shop.

Cristino's in Clearwater if you're over that way.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Eating a steak at Berns is on my to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    As it should be. Ate there the night before Watson to Renfrow
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

You won't be disappointed. Incredible food and the most amazing wine list / cellar. 500,00 bottles owned and warehoused. 110,000 + bottles in the restaurant's basement cellar. Ask for a table downstairs so you can ask to see the wine rooms. They have a dress code , so no wifebeater shirts or flip flops. I have eaten there quite a few times and always leave impressed.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Anna Maria and Longboat Key are just a little over an hour. Nice beaches and not too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    so no wifebeater shirts or flip flops.
    I don't own either

I don't own either
    Good to know. LOL!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Thanks all, keep the ideas coming please.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    We go down a good bit, I have family that has vacation homes in Tierra Verde. Pass-a-Grille is a nice area, if you want a nicer hotel Don CeSar is right there, there are some smaller hotels too. If you go back down towards Treasure Island there are plenty of hotel options.

We usually cook when we’re there, Shaner’s on Pass-a-Grille is a good spot to get fish and other stuff to cook, they also have a really good deli.
    So I turns out we are booked at the Don Cesar, thanks for the advice. Any restaurants specifically in that area? Anything from fried seafood sitting at a marina to white table cloth. Open to all ideas. Thanks again, y'all are a wealth of knowledge.

St. Pete Beach

Don Cesar: nice high end. I don't think it's worth the cost but it's a nice beach
    Bon-Aire Resort: not high end but decent

Thanks Geetch. Don Cesar is booked, sounds like we got a decent deal (breakfast included or spa stuff and a reasonable rate). We are doing some private boat tour of the Bay (million dollar homes, downtown, etc). Other day time activities? Restaurants/bars?

I'll be down there this time next week for a wedding, it's actually at the Don Cesar but we're not staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Anna Maria and Longboat Key are just a little over an hour. Nice beaches and not too busy.
    Go to New Pass Bait and have a burger, check out St Armands and Siesta village. Also the old Ringling house and gardens.

Stay in St. Petersburg. The Salvador Dali museum in St. Pete is incredible. Take her to Mons Venus one night as well, if you know you know.

My dad and I went to spring training there many years ago. One night before a Yankees game we went to Bern's. We did not eat at the stadium after. You can even pick out your exact steak if you want. Well we could have, but who knows after COVID

You can still do that at Texas Roadhouse