Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Oats & wheat planting in August

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK BUSTER 68 View Post
    Army worms and also one good thunderstorm will sprout it , and in late august/early september ,the chances of hot,dry days and weeks are pretty high and can burn new growth up real quick .

This is why we do not plant until Sept.

Few years ago army worms wiped out ours and we replanted in mid Oct

But main thing is the rain, can turn hot and dry late August and early Sept.

Planted September 11 and 12 last year. It rained a few days prior and I had good moisture and then caught the only rain we had for a month 3 days after planting and I had the best stand I’ve ever had. This picture is from October 30th. I planted 7 plots and only used a disc a an electric spin spreader that fits in the trailer hitch of your truck. I didn’t spray anything either.
    6881C436-EDFA-4387-9F00-4DF17E722AA8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Planted September 11 and 12 last year. It rained a few days prior and I had good moisture and then caught the only rain we had for a month 3 days after planting and I had the best stand I’ve ever had. This picture is from October 30th. I planted 7 plots and only used a disc a an electric spin spreader that fits in the trailer hitch of your truck. I didn’t spray anything either.
    Looks good

What did it look like in December??
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Our Oat/ turnip plots look like a putting green after the first freeze. The deer wipe them out.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You mix that yourself or is it a pre mixed blend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.