Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People

I saw my Dad slit a few throats back in the day

My nephew and I shot a doe 5 times with buckshots. 1st shot knocked her down. We walked up to her and she was looking at us. She jumped up and we both shot her from about 10 feet, numbers 2 and 3. She fell down and looked at us again. Then jumped up and he shot her with a 3 1/2” 00 buck. Dang near blew a hole through her, shot #4. Then she started flipping around and shot #5 happened. It was just before Christmas and all of the holes in her had steam coming out. We made a pact that if she got up again, we were heading to the Vet with her and we’re going to name her and let her stay in the house. But after $15 worth of buckshots, we had about 8lbs of good meat to split between us.

I pulled up on a hit deer one afternoon. A very nice buck. One guy had already pulled over and a Greenville County sheriff was standing there. They were both looking at it wondering what to do. The deer had been hit on his hind quarters and couldn't get up. I asked the officer if was going to shoot him, and told me he couldn't discharge his weapon without filling out a TON of paperwork. I asked if he minded if I shot it. He of course said no so I shot him right on the side hwy 25 outside of Travelers Rest. There weren't too many transplants here at that time so no one passing even blinked an eye. We had a few stop to admire the 'ole boy. The guy that hit loaded him up. He said "I think I'm going to get him mounted."

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Dude runs over a deer yesterday. Woman stops, drags the unconscious deer into her car to take it to the vet in Charleston. She will be buying a new car because hers ended up in the marsh at White Point. Insurance gonna pay for that? Damn I wish she had taken that deer to Glenn...
    I should be surprised, but I'm not. I can hear the bitch now, "....No Bambi...STOP!!!".
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Not sure how I missed this one.

When I was a student resident at the vet school myself and a classmate of mine were on emergency call one night when we here the buzzer at the front entrance go off.

Tony heads up there and is gone for a few minutes so I head up to see what’s going on. When I get within ear shot I hear him say “I don’t care what you do with it but you aren’t bringing it in here.”

Older couple in a small station wagon had driven by a recently hit deer, a dinker 6 point, and decided it’d be a great idea to load it in the back and bring it to us.

So I look out there and there’s a full grown deer standing up in the back of a station wagon and this woman in the middle seat trying to keep it back there with a big framed picture. She had her back against the front seats holding that picture up with her feet trying to contain a mad injured buck that wanted in that really wanted in that middle section.

They then asked “what about the large animal clinic?!” I said “we can run it over there but if we do he will be sausage by the weekend.”

We finally talked them into letting Tony go with them to drive it down the road a piece and just letting it go, which he did. But that framed picture and the inside of that station wagon were both pretty well ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I pulled up on a hit deer one afternoon. A very nice buck. One guy had already pulled over and a Greenville County sheriff was standing there. They were both looking at it wondering what to do. The deer had been hit on his hind quarters and couldn't get up. I asked the officer if was going to shoot him, and told me he couldn't discharge his weapon without filling out a TON of paperwork. I asked if he minded if I shot it. He of course said no so I shot him right on the side hwy 25 outside of Travelers Rest. There weren't too many transplants here at that time so no one passing even blinked an eye. We had a few stop to admire the 'ole boy. The guy that hit loaded him up. He said "I think I'm going to get him mounted."
    I can hear it now...

Guest: "where'd ya shoot that stud?"

Host: "shoulder of Hwy 25, right near mile marker 46. Was on my way to work when I hit him."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

JJ has a good story about a deer he killed one time.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

My mom hit and injured a deer once. She felt bad for it and felt she should put it out of its misery. The only weapon she could find was a tire iron. Fortunately the deer was able to run off when she got close. My brothers and I had big laughs imagining mom swinging away at a deer with a lug wrench.. I don’t think she could have given it a headache, much less put it out of its misery.

^^^ Bada$$ that she was willin' to do work. Good story.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I had a buddy that gut shot a button buck with a bow. He dragged the deer 300 yards, tossed it in the back of the truck. He looked in his rear view mirror after a few miles down the road and the deer was standing. He hit the brakes hard sending the deer sliding on the slick bed-liner into the truck bed. This knocked the deer out again, after a few more miles the deer stands, jumps out, hits the road spinning and jumps up and runs across a pasture.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I can hear it now...

Guest: "where'd ya shoot that stud?"

Host: "shoulder of Hwy 25, right near mile marker 46. Was on my way to work when I hit him."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    My wife hit a big buck in uwharrie 12 point just shy of 250 lbs. She had him mounted and now every time I call and say I shot a buck she asks if it's bigger than hers. She got bragging rights and I got a totaled truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Not sure how I missed this one.

When I was a student resident at the vet school myself and a classmate of mine were on emergency call one night when we here the buzzer at the front entrance go off.

Tony heads up there and is gone for a few minutes so I head up to see what’s going on. When I get within ear shot I hear him say “I don’t care what you do with it but you aren’t bringing it in here.”

Older couple in a small station wagon had driven by a recently hit deer, a dinker 6 point, and decided it’d be a great idea to load it in the back and bring it to us.

So I look out there and there’s a full grown deer standing up in the back of a station wagon and this woman in the middle seat trying to keep it back there with a big framed picture. She had her back against the front seats holding that picture up with her feet trying to contain a mad injured buck that wanted in that really wanted in that middle section.

They then asked “what about the large animal clinic?!” I said “we can run it over there but if we do he will be sausage by the weekend.”

We finally talked them into letting Tony go with them to drive it down the road a piece and just letting it go, which he did. But that framed picture and the inside of that station wagon were both pretty well ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    My wife hit a big buck in uwharrie 12 point just shy of 250 lbs. She had him mounted and now every time I call and say I shot a buck she asks if it's bigger than hers. She got bragging rights and I got a totaled truck.
    Winner

That's funny! Reminds me, about 40 years ago late one night, a bunch of us were cookin it about 80-90 mph across a picked corn field on snowmobiles. One of the guys in front of me slammed a doe, breaking both rear legs. I told my brother to stand on the front legs, I slit her throat with my pocket knife, rode the 30 miles back home, got the pickup and hauled her home.

My brother was crossing the Santee River swamp on Hwy 52 years ago to meet me for an early morning hunt in the FMF. He had bought a new grunt call the night before and was trying it out when a buck jumped out in front of him. Hit the buck and smashed the front end of his truck.
    After he told me the story I immediately went out and bought the same call, but lesson learned was don't blow the damn thing while crossing a swamp bottom at 65mph.

I hit a big 10 pt in the ol Chevy years back around 930 at night in its back half, turned around to retrieve it, walk about 40 yards and seen him laying down with its head up , pulled out the old case grab his horns and cut his throat, started dragging that heavy buck , and tripped over the one I hit with truck.

One time we were hunting crows in a Yankee state, and we were shooting quite a bit of them. Well, one crow gets winged and sails down the hill and lands on the road. Shortly after, we watch as a car pulls up, a lady jumps out and proceeds to chase this crow around the road with two plastic walmart bags on her hands. After about 5 minutes of this, she finally catches it and puts it in the car on the front seat with her and leaves. After laughing our asses off, we decided to move to the next spot. As a side note, when we would be asked by people what we were doing, we would tell them "West Nile Control". Usually, there were no further questions.

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Dude runs over a deer yesterday. Woman stops, drags the unconscious deer into her car to take it to the vet in Charleston. She will be buying a new car because hers ended up in the marsh at White Point. Insurance gonna pay for that? Damn I wish she had taken that deer to Glenn...
    Why don't you have any pictures of this?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I heard they were on FB, but I don't go there. Hearing the story told in Gullah is awesomeness.

Here are some more people. Gator with an idiot in his mouth to come...