Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Break Jake vol. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    As long as it’s listed before Sep 2 at 5pm, you’re good

Just could effect the amount raised
    Roger that. Will try to have it up in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Let's do 'dis

I'm in
    Will post something for auction and as usual will be bidding.
    The power of prayer is real
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-20-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    The power of prayer is real

Cancer changes one’s life forever. It changes their family and friends as well. Even in remission, you’re always scared of reoccurrence. Every ache makes you wonder if it’s back. Insurance does everything possible to deny coverage on treatment or test. Then the waiting game… it has to be the worse of all of it. Waiting on results, the anxiety before and after every scan. Sitting there waiting on what words come out then oncologist mouth.

I couldn’t imagine after 4 years of remission finding out it’s back. I looked up this young man on Instagram. His attitude is awesome so he’s going to give it hell.

You got this Jake. Prayers up!!

Fuck Cancer
    More fuel = more boost!!

Stepping back and looking at all of this, it's been a wave of emotions. Feeling like it's completely unfair to have to go through this twice before the age of thirty, in the years you want to be in your "prime". But I realize it's also a huge blessing. You can't control something like this but it's a huge relief I've been in the best shape of my life to be able to fight through this and be able to recover better than someone really young or much older. The hardest part was having to re-break everyone's hearts about it. I get on here and see how much support there is and how amazing everyone is. I don't get on here much anymore but I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart as well as my family's. You're only as good as your support system and I'm so lucky to have the impenetrable wall of support that I had and continue to have through all of this. It's a truly blessed moment to see all of you so willing to help out, reach out, etc. I thoroughly believe every hardship is only as hard as you wish you make it. I am not certain of how my body will respond to treatment this time around or if it will be much harder on my health. But I can promise I will remain positive, humorous, and fight with composure and grace. If there's anything I want people to pull from this ordeal, it's that it's never worth giving up, rolling over and quitting, because that is the fast track for your body to listen to that negativity and causing someone to succumb to this terrible disease at a much faster rate. Cancer didn't beat me, and it never will. This is the hand I was dealt and I'm pushing my chips all in. We got this. Thank you everyone, you all mean more than you know.

Best,
    Jacob

#cantbreakjake

Awesome attitude. Kick it in its teeth like last time buddy!! We will keep you in our prayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Prayers to you. Your attitude is fantastic and your words ring sincere and true. I just finished treatment two weeks ago. I can’t imagine receiving your news and being able to face it with such positivity knowing through your past experience what you’re up against. God be with you.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by b.t.guardian07 View Post
    Stepping back and looking at all of this, it's been a wave of emotions. Feeling like it's completely unfair to have to go through this twice before the age of thirty, in the years you want to be in your "prime". But I realize it's also a huge blessing. You can't control something like this but it's a huge relief I've been in the best shape of my life to be able to fight through this and be able to recover better than someone really young or much older. The hardest part was having to re-break everyone's hearts about it. I get on here and see how much support there is and how amazing everyone is. I don't get on here much anymore but I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart as well as my family's. You're only as good as your support system and I'm so lucky to have the impenetrable wall of support that I had and continue to have through all of this. It's a truly blessed moment to see all of you so willing to help out, reach out, etc. I thoroughly believe every hardship is only as hard as you wish you make it. I am not certain of how my body will respond to treatment this time around or if it will be much harder on my health. But I can promise I will remain positive, humorous, and fight with composure and grace. If there's anything I want people to pull from this ordeal, it's that it's never worth giving up, rolling over and quitting, because that is the fast track for your body to listen to that negativity and causing someone to succumb to this terrible disease at a much faster rate. Cancer didn't beat me, and it never will. This is the hand I was dealt and I'm pushing my chips all in. We got this. Thank you everyone, you all mean more than you know.

Best,
    Jacob

#cantbreakjake
    Let’s. Fucking. Go. Baby!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Prayers for quick recovery. You're impressive.

Sending prayers

We got you Jake! Keep up the positive attitude buddy.

Auction is live

bid early, bid often

Thanks everyone!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Prayers for you Jake! We could all learn a lesson from you.

How long will the auction be open?

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    How long will the auction be open?
    Auction ends Friday Sep 2 at 5:00

Not sure how I missed this.

What do I need to do?

I’ll throw in for a bottom fishing trip, 3 people.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Not sure how I missed this.

What do I need to do?

I’ll throw in for a bottom fishing trip, 3 people.
    Just create a thread here

https://scducks.com/forum/forumdispl...-Break-Jake-II

Guys, I want to thank all of you who have donated items and have bid so generously. We are at $50,500 with almost a week to go. That is incredibly powerful.

I wanted to take a minute to talk about this cause, along with TFC. Your donations will be going to TFC, and then passed through to Jacob and his family. I thought you all deserved to know what TFC is and what we are about. TFC (Turkey Fight Club) started as a text thread on opening day of the 2013 turkey season. More or less a bunch of damn good turkey hunters acting like arrogant assholes and strutting for each other. By the end of that season, 12 remained. We have truly formed lifetime friendships, and over time, become humbled a bit. When one of our own, Shane Weeks contracted cancer, we used this platform to spearhead an auction for him that was very helpful to his family as they traveled back and forth to Houston for his treatment. We did the same when Jacob Dupree was diagnosed the first time. Our group has grown, and we felt led to try to do more. So, 2 years ago we changed TFC to Turkey Hunters Fighting Cancer. As everyone is, many of us are busy with work/kids/hunting etc., and I simply didn’t follow through organizing the company. Jacob’s latest hiccup motivated me, and we are now fully set up with EIN, Articles of Incorporation, and 501(c)(3) status. A lot of folks that you’ve seen join and bid are friends of ours from across the country. I appreciate y’all welcoming them. When I let JAB know what we are doing, he offered me sponsor status, free of charge. I cannot thank him enough for that, and for this platform. Our plan is to continue to raise money for, not only Jacob, but for someone in the future whose family will be touched by this evil disease. If any of you ever have a person in your life that could benefit from some financial support, a person with cancer (particularly young) that could benefit from some time outdoors, or a cause we could get behind, please let us know. You are welcome to PM me. This kind of money is incredibly impactful fro someone facing this battle. Time outdoors can be very good for someone facing this battle. I want to thank JAB for the platform, and thank all of you for your generosity.

Keep Bidding, Michael Boozer
    Last edited by trkykilr; 08-28-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Guys, I want to thank all of you who have donated items and have bid so generously. We are at $50,500 with almost a week to go. That is incredibly powerful.

I wanted to take a minute to talk about this cause, along with TFC. Your donations will be going to TFC, and then passed through to Jacob and his family. I thought you all deserved to know what TFC is and what we are about. TFC (Turkey Fight Club) started as a text thread on opening day of the 2013 turkey season. More or less a bunch of damn good turkey hunters acting like arrogant assholes and strutting for each other. By the end of that season, 12 remained. We have truly formed lifetime friendships, and over time, become humbled a bit. When one of our own, Shane Weeks contracted cancer, we used this platform to spearhead an auction for him that was very helpful to his family as they traveled back and forth to Houston for his treatment. We did the same when Jacob Dupree was diagnosed the first time. Our group has grown, and we felt led to try to do more. So, 2 years ago we changed TFC to Turkey Hunters Fighting Cancer. As everyone is, many of us are busy with work/kids/hunting etc., and I simply didn’t follow through organizing the company. Jacob’s latest hiccup motivated me, and we are now fully set up with EIN, Articles of Incorporation, and 501(c)(3) status. A lot of folks that you’ve seen join and bid are friends of ours from across the country. I appreciate y’all welcoming them. When I let JAB know what we are doing, he offered me sponsor status, free of charge. I cannot thank him enough for that, and for this platform. Our plan is to continue to raise money for, not only Jacob, but for someone in the future whose family will be touched by this evil disease. If any of you ever have a person in your life that could benefit from some financial support, a person with cancer (particularly young) that could benefit from some time outdoors, or a cause we could get behind, please let us know. You are welcome to PM me. This kind of money is incredibly impactful fro someone facing this battle. Time outdoors can be very good for someone facing this battle. I want to thank JAB for the platform, and thank all of you for your generosity.

Keep Bidding, Michael Boozer
    Good stuff!