Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Break Jake vol. 2

Default Can't Break Jake vol. 2

Hate to be typing this out, but unfortunately Jacob's (b.t.guardian07) cancer has returned. I will post info that he shared on his instagram account recently that will give all of you a better understanding of the situation.

Four years ago, us duckers were able to raise $20k for Jacob and his family to help aid in his fight against cancer. I hope we can do that again.

The auction will begin on Monday, August 22nd at 9:00am and will end September 2nd at 5:00pm

This year, all funds will be funneled through Turkey Hunters Fighting Cancer (TFC) which is a non profit 501c3. This will allow all auction items that are purchased to be written off as a charitable donation. TFC will then direct all funds to Jacob in one lump sum.

from Jacob's instagram
    Well... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like cancer didn't get enough of me the first time around. So four years later on my anniversary for being diagnosed, I have relapsed. My cancer has returned and it's back to the grind stone. I have been having what I thought was kidney pain the past two weeks so I finally went and got a CT scan to see what was going on. It was there that they found the root of the pain which was scattered tumors throughout my abdomen and lungs. Luckily we caught it soon enough as the MRI showed it hasn't made it to my brain and we are so thankful for that.

The plan at the moment is to have surgery to remove the tumor where they think it started. Then have 3 rounds of a higher dose chemo therapy that is more aggressive than what I had the first go around. That will followed by a few rounds of stem cell transplants that they'll pull from my own bone marrow. It will be a tough and longer road I'm sure but I'll be rolling with the punches and putting all my efforts towards my attitude, positivity, and my will to fight with grace. I'm healthier than I was before the first time, in better shape, and my support system has gotten nothing but stronger. The hardest part is having to re-break all my friends and families hearts with every phone call, text, and now this. That's what got me so beat up. But in all honesty, I have even more confidence this time. I'm mentally prepared, been through this and we are ready to tackle this thing again. My community of support was an absolute dream last time and all of you saved my life. So let's keep things positive, attitude is everything. Feel free to reach out, send your love and support, I appreciate every single one of you.
    I will apologize ahead of time if I am hard to reach as this can get a bit overwhelming with communication. If I go silent or you don't hear from me just know I'm focusing on one thing right now, fighting the good fight and that I love you all.
    I apologize for the news, and I hope that I come out on top again for you all. Don't take life for granted.

I love this life so much.
    Humbly yours,
    Jacob

#cantbreakjake
    #jacobstrong
    Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Will
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Thanks for taking the lead, Will...

Hate to hear this news but it sounds like Jacob is geared up and ready for the fight.
    Prayers sent to him, his family and friends.

We are in it to win it!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Praying he wins another battle. Attitude is huge with chronic diseases.

That sucks to hear…

How will the auction be facilitated? How do we put items in the auction? Sorry if I’m too early with those questions.

Amazing attitude in his IG post, let us know when we can start with auction items
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Cant break Jake! Ol boy is going to whip this again! Y'all lift him up in prayer!

And for those that can donate or just bid on items...let's bust this thing wide open!
    Last edited by PharmHunter; 08-18-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    That sucks to hear…

How will the auction be facilitated? How do we put items in the auction? Sorry if I’m too early with those questions.
    There will be a sub forum created on Monday and each auction item will have its own individual thread

To put an item up for auction, simply create a thread once the sub forum is created

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Amazing attitude in his IG post, let us know when we can start with auction items
    Monday morning. There will be a sub forum created and auction items can be posted there

Thanks

Prayers sent for Jake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Monday morning. There will be a sub forum created and auction items can be posted there

Thanks
    Thanks
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Prayers sent for Jacob and there's no doubt he's going to whip cancer again.

I’m in for a couple calls and continued prayers for Jacob!
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Man, even knowing this post was coming, it sucks to read it here. Jacob DuPree is a fine son of a gun, and he has become a great friend. I know he has the strength and the resolve to beat this thing again. I look forward to the auction, and I look forward to this being behind the DuPree family.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Will there be a deadline to submit auction items? Going to try and offer up a deer hunt or a turkey hunt.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Yall really are a special lot. To the many I've met yall are A-OK in my book even if people talk bad about ya. We appreciate everything yall have done.
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Will there be a deadline to submit auction items? Going to try and offer up a deer hunt or a turkey hunt.

As long as it’s listed before Sep 2 at 5pm, you’re good

Just could effect the amount raised

Prayers up! Fight hard!

Put me down for a weekend of bushhooking and depending on availability spot and stalk hogs at Ft. Kickass. If it's in season, we'll go kill it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton