Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorta New

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

They like mullet better than pinfish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't let the fly guys see this.

A few mild winters have helped the tamie tarpon for sure. That's a giant

Hey Bogster, you don’t see many of those corks anymore. I’m 69 and don’t know how to post pictures.
    I’ve got about 40 of the Cabelas corks from the early 80s. I’ve got mallards, pintails and bulbils. Cabelas said they were the finest made from Portuguese cork.
    We hunted Sparkleberry with them and would lay a canves tarp in the front of our boat stack them decoys in there and fold the tarp back over them. They were too heavy to move in and out of the boat all the time, so that were we kept them.
    Mine are in pretty good shape and I have not repainted any of them.
    Hang on to those you got cause you don’t see many of those corks anymore.
    You got lucky coming across those.

If anyone has a single cork they want to offload, let me know. I’ve been building a collection for a while and I have some corks, and some foam on a wood base, but I am always looking to add more

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Nice deeks and good job on the resto.

I have a mallard pair just like what you started with. Still have no clue who made them or what brand they are.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Last year I met an an scducker up in Blythewood to get some decoys he hasn’t used in quite some years.
    An NC Piedmont man who looked exactly like he sounded on the phone.
    We chatted in the parking lot about what it was like hunting inland lakes for mallards and black ducks in the 1970s through the early 1990s.
    He brought me 10 Herters 81 black ducks and 3 dozen Cabela’s cork mallards.
    I wasn’t quite sure what I would do with the corks, but I was certain I wanted em.
    I gave a pair to my parents for mantle pieces.
    I’ve given a pair to my wife’s uncle for the same.
    In the 70s and 80s he hunted over this very model on the upper lake, and inquired about em on his usual Friday afternoon, post up on my jonboat with a beer chats.

A couple weeks back I finally attempted to turn a few into something I would make a point to use this upcoming season.

Public water black ducks in SC are the pinnacle of waterfowling for me.
    And while they are a needle in a haystack, I still see em and attempt to hunt em.

Old Timer, I will do my best to hunt any I see over this pair next season.

Thanks Centurian.

Looks good Bogster. Glad you could use them. I am sure you will get a black duck or two. A whole lot better than sitting in my shop.

20220819_094420.jpg