Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT !!!!

There’s nothing more disgusting than a person standing over another person’s dead deer and proclaiming that he has passed said deer X number of times. Shoot what makes you happy. It’s a deer, not a turkey
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    There’s nothing more disgusting than a person standing over another person’s dead deer and proclaiming that he has passed said deer X number of times. Shoot what makes you happy. It’s a deer, not a turkey
    When I shot my first buck, a member in the club asked me why I shot that, and that he had passed on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I tried to tell that to Cali once, have been on restrictions since....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Hell LCS told me to whack one. I was tickled. Until Tombo showed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Very nice!!! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    This is great and all until the “”we can’t grow big bucks in SC”” crowd starts in..….or the “”why aren’t we seeing bigger bucks on our property”” crowd gets going. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder but don’t come around here making excuses or complaining about small deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was kidding. I apologize for not adding that to the post. I have never told anyone what they could or could not shoot on our place. In fact, my answer has always been “ If you see one you want, shoot it. God will make more”. I meant no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    That was a turkey
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I just wanted to stand on my soap box for 5 minutes, geez.
    it took you five minutes to type that?

big deer > little deer

but people (real people) absolutely understand the joy of a child shooting anything.

we still reserve the right for some good natured ribbing, as long as people dont get too butthurt.

what we've really lost is the ability not to be offended by every little joke....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

i'm still afraid to shoot a buck at cali's

good thing I never get invited.

If I had land, 2th, I would invite you to hunt and I wouldn't even impose a shell limit. I'm just that nice.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

or stupid
    or both

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

agreed. It's best to be in a club of like minded people with a common goal. There are plenty of both around. For those that want to shoot any and everything, there are plenty of brown its down. For those wanting to kill mature bucks, there are plenty of those around. People shouldn't get pissy in a brown its down club because someone shot a year old 8 pt. But on the flip side, if people are in a club that manages to shoot mature bucks, don't get pissy if someone says something to you about shooting a year old buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

If I had land, 2th, I would invite you to hunt and I wouldn't even impose a shell limit. I'm just that nice.
    I just wanna take him duck hunting again so i can properly show him what being pushed into the water looks like. I'd choose a warm day off course, i'm not that big of an a-hole.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    agreed. It's best to be in a club of like minded people with a common goal. There are plenty of both around. For those that want to shoot any and everything, there are plenty of brown its down. For those wanting to kill mature bucks, there are plenty of those around. People shouldn't get pissy in a brown its down club because someone shot a year old 8 pt. But on the flip side, if people are in a club that manages to shoot mature bucks, don't get pissy if someone says something to you about shooting a year old buck.
    Attempting to apply logic to deer clubs is an exercise in futility. It all sounds good to everybody until the first guest shoots a big one or a kid shoots a small one, then ole jealousy rears it's ugly head and everybody loses their minds...

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Attempting to apply logic to deer clubs is an exercise in futility. It all sounds good to everybody until the first guest shoots a big one or a kid shoots a small one, then ole jealousy rears it's ugly head and everybody loses their minds...
    Jealousy is ugly. Kids get to shoot whatever they want for their first in our club.

Honestly- We have very very little drama in our club. Probably due to the arrangement of every one having their own zone. Most everyone in club is like minded and wants to do the right thing.
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

He wouldn't show. I've tried.

I miss the days back when a fella could kill a deer just because he wanted to and it didn't have to turn into a dick-measuring contest. Seems like everybody is managing for some trophy something or other.

Let's start a thing here today where people shoot a deer and it's a good deer because they got the chance to kill it, nothing else. It's good because it made you happy to kill it. And its good because the meat will feed your family. Nothing more than that. Any chance we could get that rolling? Yall can still fight over turkey decoys and college-aged boys throwing balls. Let's just make deer killing pure again.
    Are we still allowed to argue about alfatoxin corn piles. Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Hell LCS told me to whack one. I was tickled. Until Tombo showed up...
    Tombo told me and I quote" Hey bo, you come when ever you want. Don't worry about Scott ole boy. Just keep bringing me dem crabs."

That was a turkey
    that too.... Come to think of it, have not turkey hunted with Scott since....

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I just wanna take him duck hunting again so i can properly show him what being pushed into the water looks like. I'd choose a warm day off course, i'm not that big of an a-hole.
    He wouldn't show. I've tried.
    ducks are different.
    and i'm not an asshole.