Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: simply a new monitor

Ctrl+alt+del

That should fix it.

Glenn is on top of it, that's what I'd do after unplugging it and then plugging it back in. then blow in the plug in hole thing in the back, or you could listen to the pocket protector crowd..

Or listen to an IT podcast. Probably some good info in one of those.

then just shake the shit out of it

Did you push in the reset button for 15 seconds as well?

Most outputs of towers are now display port. You can go display port to HDMI but not the other way around. If your monitor does not have display port, then you need DP<HDMI, if not just use a DP=DP. I have lots of these at our office. My company Advanced Video Group can help you out if needed. We are in Irmo.
    "run and gun guide service"

Rewire the monitor and you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Remember red on red black on black.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Racist

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    all communists matter, including Brittany Griner

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    I do smile when I wake up most mornings. Are you ever not grumpy?
    i laughed the whole time I posted that....
    not mad at a soul....except whoever invented technology

oh and the first mom to facesnap a pic of their kids holding a sign on the first day of school.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I would suggest to turn it off then back on which is about my limit of computer knowledge but that doesn't seem to apply here. But I did want to help, if that helps..
    tried this twice
    once yesterday and once this morning. I certainly expected it to work after a day of sitting there unplugged.

am I the only one that thinks the plug should work "straight out of the box?"

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    Most outputs of towers are now display port. You can go display port to HDMI but not the other way around. If your monitor does not have display port, then you need DP<HDMI, if not just use a DP=DP. I have lots of these at our office. My company Advanced Video Group can help you out if needed. We are in Irmo.
    it has display port. it came with a plug. its labeled. i put it in the labeled hole (twss). i think plugged the other end into the labeled part on the back of my tower. they both fit properly.
    then, you turn everything on and it says "display port not found." I tell it "Hey computer. I found it. its right there." but it doesnt listen.

i still havent been up front to check but I bet they got it working.

I am going to update my list and add all you people that suck at reading, think I am actually mad at people, or just posted funny things here that were no help at all.

glenn sucks

Hey, I helped. And I laughed with you, not at you.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    tried this twice
    once yesterday and once this morning. I certainly expected it to work after a day of sitting there unplugged.

am I the only one that thinks the plug should work "straight out of the box?"
    I agree. I would have punted that thing across the room by now

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    it has display port. it came with a plug. its labeled. i put it in the labeled hole (twss). i think plugged the other end into the labeled part on the back of my tower. they both fit properly.
    then, you turn everything on and it says "display port not found." I tell it "Hey computer. I found it. its right there." but it doesnt listen.

i still havent been up front to check but I bet they got it working.

I am going to update my list and add all you people that suck at reading, think I am actually mad at people, or just posted funny things here that were no help at all.

glenn sucks
    You've got the right cable or you wouldn't have been able to plug it in. I'm curious, how many monitors are already connected to your computer before adding this one? Most computers allow 2 and if you want to add more you can do it but you need some extra hardware to make it work.

If you have another monitor, or 2, connected to your computer try disconnecting one of them. Then plug in the one you just bought and see if it works.

If that's not it, or this is the first monitor you're connecting and it won't work, you might have to install driver for it. A quick web search for installing a driver for that type of monitor should get you what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Hey, I helped. And I laughed with you, not at you.
    i'm still compiling my list....

Nobody is wrong or right in this thread. Just keep cussing at dumb shit either way.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    You've got the right cable or you wouldn't have been able to plug it in. I'm curious, how many monitors are already connected to your computer before adding this one? Most computers allow 2 and if you want to add more you can do it but you need some extra hardware to make it work.

If you have another monitor, or 2, connected to your computer try disconnecting one of them. Then plug in the one you just bought and see if it works.

If that's not it, or this is the first monitor you're connecting and it won't work, you might have to install driver for it. A quick web search for installing a driver for that type of monitor should get you what you need.
    How can he google it when his screen ain't working?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I sent you a picture of my kids, with a pretty ghetto sign. They gat home at 2:40, and I’ll be glad to send them to help
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands