Thread: Bogster

Default Bogster

Better order some extra shells.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wjxk3SKan2izQD636

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I saw a fair amount in Nelson’s Cut a few weeks ago.

Don't let the yankees see this

It’s coming along good on both lakes!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Good lord don’t let the homeowners on the lake see that.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Or the duck pond gang.

This is refreshing to see

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I heard they’re lowering the lake 5 feet starting in October to try and kill the grass. I’m not sure about the validity of that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I heard they’re lowering the lake 5 feet starting in October to try and kill the grass. I’m not sure about the validity of that though.
    Sounds about right
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Looks like it's becoming a "nuisance", aka, terminology for native submergent vegetation that are thriving, not palatable by grass carp and need to be eradicated.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Dropping Murray 10' starting in October. We got it in places you would never expect
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I talked with a Santee Cooper employee recently, and it really sounded like their big concern is the giant salvinia and how aggressive it has gotten. Maybe their focus on that is letting some submerged aquatics get a better foothold.