Thread: Gun smith in Columbia area

Default Gun smith in Columbia area

Looking for a gun smith that can cut threads into a barrel around the Columbia area? What does something like that typically cost?
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Are you talking about threading for a suppressor or choke tubes?

I can’t recommend anybody, but I can tell you who not to take it to. Amicks. Avoid that fucking place like the plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I can’t recommend anybody, but I can tell you who not to take it to. Amicks. Avoid that fucking place like the plague.
    X2

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Like for a suppressor
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Got to be a story behind this. I was going to use them to thread a 10/22 barrel until the quote was more than a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh View Post
    Got to be a story behind this. I was going to use them to thread a 10/22 barrel until the quote was more than a new one
    There is. Drilled a hole in my sons 686 bbl replacing a mid bead. When asked about it, claimed it was like that from the factory. Fuck that place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

There’s a gunsmith outside of saluda that I took my M2 to. Had a choke tube stuck in it and I asked him to get it out. I hear nothing from him until he lets me know it’s ready to go. When I got it back he informed me that he broke the tube on the barrel so he cut two inches off the barrel to get it out and rethreaded the benelli with remchoke. I won’t be going back there even though on a different gun he did a good job on the cerakote

There is. Drilled a hole in my sons 686 bbl replacing a mid bead. When asked about it, claimed it was like that from the factory. Fuck that place
    Sounds like Macks Prairie Wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh View Post
    amks1.jpg

amks3.jpg

This was the third time the gun went back for bases. Decided to do it right the third time with hand tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BigBrother; 08-15-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've actually asked for my guns back after having a conversation with a "gunsmith".. after poking around about his knowledge, I can wing shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've actually asked for my guns back after having a conversation with a "gunsmith".. after poking around about his knowledge, I can wing shit too.
    First question I ask now is how many apprentices do you have, and are they going to be touching my shit or not. Dont always rely on the words of the guy who hasnt had to scrub the gun oil off his hands in a few years...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

20+ years later and still no KRT of gunsmiths…

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Griffin is on the fast track, if he’d stop hunting and fishing so damn much he could do a lot more…….

Nat Dinkins is as good a guy and gunsmith as I'd want to send my gun to. He's ordinarily my go to but time and distance prevented me sending my two guns to him this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Which begs the question...

What available avenues are there for young men and women to learn this trade/art/skill? Do any of the tech schools offer gunsmithing as an educational option?

Since we'll be hand firing brass, making powder from our urine and melting down wheel weights for bullets soon, it seems like a lucrative business to get into if you want to work all the time.

sonoran desert institute, it may all be online though....

Not the first time I've heard that but in all fairness I have done a suppressor purchase and a gun transfer and couldnt have been happier with the results.
    Last edited by Frank1; 08-16-2022 at 05:29 PM.